*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277805-Crossing-the-bridge
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2277805
Flash Fiction
A ray of sunlight made its way through the cracks of the curtains and warmed my cheek. I woke up enjoying the moment of peace and beauty. I turned around to share this moment with you, but you were gone. I knew that would happen. I knew you had to leave me again, but I still hoped you wouldn’t. At least I had the comfort of knowing you would be back in a few days, yet weeks passed and there was no sign of you.

Your life was there with them in that magical world, yet I could not live there. But why? You never took me there and I never questioned your judgement, but I still wonder. A place of such beauty, power and marvel could it really be this bad? And why do have to keep going back? I refuse to live another day with all these questions. I pack my stuff and step outside.

The sunlight hits every uncovered piece of my skin and it feels like the energy flows through me. It feels like this is what I was meant to do. I start to walk and reach the bridge. A bridge I can’t see, but I know is there. I have never felt this way before, I feel strong. It’s like my body is changing, getting ready for whatever is waiting in this incredible world beyond.

I think about magic, real powerful magic, which is common in this other world and picture the little tricks you showed me. I see a memory of you playing with water, making it float, creating little moving animals. As the memory plays I move my hands the way you did and when I open my eyes a little turtle made of water floats around me. I have magic!
© Copyright 2022 Amindthattravels (travelingmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277805-Crossing-the-bridge