*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277827-Saras-Surprise-Birthday-Date
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2277827
Sara’s Surprise Birthday Date Turns Serious for Writer's Cramp
Sara’s Surprise Birthday Date Turns Serious

307 Words

Maria and Sara Lee were Korean immigrants living near Koreatown in Los Angeles. They had immigrated together when they were 16 and graduated from high school in LA and went to Cal State Long Beach together, then went to the University of Pacific’s MC George law school in Sacramento and had just graduated. They had decided to open their shop focusing on the legal needs of Asian Americans, and moved back to LA.

Sara had a surprise for Maria on their birthday. They had gone out to dinner, and she invited two of their classmates, Sam Adams and Jake Lee, who had also moved to Los Angeles. Sam was from Berkeley and had gone to CAL as an undergraduate, and Jake Lee was also from Berkeley but had gone to UCLA, to join them for dinner.

Maria thought that she would end up with Jake Lee and Sara would end up with Sam Adams. The four of them flirted up a storm and at the end of the night, it was clear to all of them that Maria and Sam Adams would date, and Sara and Jake Lee would date.

The two girls went home and talked it out, Maria was a bit miffed at Sara for arranging the date but calmed down, and they became friends again as twins usually do. And six months later they had a joint marriage. Sam and Jake joined their firm, which soon became one of the leading firms working on behalf of Asian Americans. Jake, Maria, and Sara taught Sam basic Korean, and he taught them conversational Japanese and Chinese. Later they added Indian staff who taught them Hindi and Hispanic staff who taught them all Spanish. The two sisters bought houses next door to each other and their children became best friends, Maria often thought it all happened on that magical birthday when she had just turned 25.

The End

Prompt:

In honor of my sister's birthday today - write a STORY or POEM about sisters getting together to celebrate their birthdays. It's a "momentous" birthday for one of the sisters (a special age - like 40 or 50 or 65 or 80). You MUST include what special age the sister is turning, a birthday surprise that doesn't quite turn out as planned, and choose COMEDY as one of your genres.

Make sure you include your word count for stories (1000 words or less) or a line count for poems (40 lines or less) IN your forum post with the b-item link to your entry to be a qualified entry.

© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277827-Saras-Surprise-Birthday-Date