*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277901-Homework
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2277901
Flash Fiction
Homework

Mrs. Weeks started walking down the aisle leaving a blank piece of paper on each student’s desk.

Frank’s eyes bulged out, poking Tim, in the next desk, he whispered, “Is this a test?” Tim shrugged, obviously not worried.

Frank looked over at Henry, he was probably thinking the same thing. He was watching Mrs. Weeks and looking a little green. They’d spent the whole afternoon playing ‘Donda Tiger’ instead of reading the chapter assigned for homework. Both confident they could do their homework after supper. However, after Frank’s supper, the whole family went to the movies. From the look on Henry’s face, he hadn’t read it either.

As Mrs. Weeks walked by, setting a piece of paper on Frank’s desk, she was smiling. Did she know? Frank wondered. Did she see them at the Video Park? Was she so diabolical that she’d give a test just to catch them? Sweat started popping out on his forehead. If this was a test, he would surely flunk. His father would have a fit! It would bring down his grade! His life would be ruined!

Mrs. Weeks was back up front, she literally looked right at him. She knew!!! How did she know? Was she there?

She cleared her throat, and then said, “Today we are going to do a fun project! We are going to write about what we would like to do when we grow up! Then we’ll put the letters in a safe place and take them out when you are all seniors. It’ll be fun to compare what you think today to what you are really planning once you get into high school.”

It was a good thing Frank was wearing his extra long sweatshirt, he actually wet his pants a little. Henry was luckier, he just threw up.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277901-Homework