*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277931-Second-Chances-Never-Come-Easy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2277931
One should take care when making deals with the unknown.
Domrick wilted over from the pain in his left abdomen. The gash there had begun to bleed profusely and caused him to lurch forward and then lean against the alley wall. He thought back on his recent escapades which had left several people injured and his, not-so-good friend, Dead.

Needless to say, this was not his finest hour but likely his last. That was until a figure appeared walking down the alley. Domrick squirmed slightly, reaching for the knife on his belt before hearing it murmur something.

"Poor, boy," it taunted in an ethereal tone of many voices, "Lost your friends and nearly lost your head. What's a sorry soul to do?"

"What is this freak?" Domrick prodded. "Yah get some sick pleasure outta seeing people bent like this?"

The figure kneeled down revealing the strange face under its hood. It was a sickening visage, though vaguely human, consisting of the forms of many beings. Its head jittered and Domrick watched as different faces became prominent before succumbing to the next, one after another.

"This must seem rather quaint to you, but we have pressing matters to discuss, my child."

"You're no guard," Domrick managed to spit out between bouts of pain.

"Clever aren't we?" The being grew uncomfortably close to Domrick's face. "Now, brass tax and all that. It would seem, friend, that you have fallen into quite a predicament. No?"

"Who.., what are you?" Domrick questioned, grasping his open wound.

"Hmm," it replied, "I am merely a patron looking for a worthy Almsman, and you, dear boy, as of late have proven to be quite worthy of my favor."

Domrick shutter at what was to come.

"I offer you an escape from your current fate. In exchange, all I require is your service." It glanced over at Domrick's knife, which was still wet with fresh blood, then back to him. "So child, what, do, you say?"

The being reached its hand offering an accord and waited for a response. Domrick sat and stared into thr strangers eyes, thinking momentarily before grasping its hand.

"My dear boy, we will have fun..."
         

© Copyright 2022 Blahblah (blahblahblehhh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277931-Second-Chances-Never-Come-Easy