*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278481-Selling-the-House
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2278481
Flash Fiction
Selling the House

“Put that in the garage,” Ted said, as I brought in the dog food, “Stop arguing with me.”

We’re getting our house ready to sell. And the realtor told us to make it look good for pictures, then keep it that way for the showings. The photographer would come when we were ready. Her suggestion, a storage unit, leaving only good looking, uncrowded, furniture and accessories, and things we use daily here.

Well, we’d been working on it for weeks. Some of the ‘staying’ choices of his, were not the ones I’d pick... Some of the put in storage items, to me, were ‘keep here,’ items to him. There had been discussions... We needed to make the house look appealing to buyers. He felt like I was taking away things he needed on a daily basis, like his guitar. He hasn’t played in months, but suddenly, it had to be available...

I understood some of it. We hadn’t found a new house yet knowing we had no idea if our house would sell quickly or not. Being retired, it didn’t matter. However, we did want to get up to North Carolina before winter if possible!

So, dog food in the garage he says. Easy to get to, but attractive to mice! The last thing we needed was mice in a house we’re trying to sell! I look at him, I know moving is really hard for him. He’ll be excited when it’s over, but moving is not his cup of tea. I take the dog food out and plan to shop for a large plastic box with a cover. Problem solved.

You know, if we manage to sell our house, and stay married... well, I guess that’s really gonna be the win here, isn’t it.

We got this.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278481-Selling-the-House