*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278703-The-Underworld
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2278703
Flash Fiction
I feel the damp air move over my cheeks as the ship sets sail. The lights at the dock fade and the mist swallows us. The only thing that transfixes the dark is the dim green light of the ship. I stand at railing looking into the dark.

Then the ship stops, the sails are furled. I make my way to my cabin. The ship starts to spin and a minute later I’m upside down. When I’m right side up again the spinning stops. I grab a bucket and start to puke. I will never get used to this feeling. As I walk back to the deck I run into Marlon.

“Made it trough as well as ever I see. I hoped you would join us but I guess that was to much to ask. I still don’t get why you are so upset your father gave me your hand in marriage. You have to marry someone to become queen, it could have been someone you don’t even know.” He gives me one of his famous smirks every girl would succumb to, but not me. He only annoys me.

“I don’t expect someone like you to understand, but I want to marry for love. I guess your not familiar with the concept.” I push him aside.

The white waters of the underworld welcome me. To my right I see the city with its gray buildings and green lights. On my left, the castle, my castle. Made from deep dark stone with white and gray accents. I’ve lived here all my life. Nevertheless this has never felt like home.

Now that I know what feeling is I can never go back. I can’t live without feeling angry or truly happy, but above all I can’t live without feeling love.
© Copyright 2022 Amindthattravels (travelingmind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278703-The-Underworld