*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278927-Alice-In-Wonderland-Birthday
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2278927
Down the rabbit hole we go!
On my 12th birthday, I learned the hard way to never let your hippy sister plan your birthday party or any party for that matter! It was a hot summer day in the first week of June. I'd invited close to twenty of my closest friends and family members and we had all gathered on my Mother's back lawn. Everything was perfect. The colorful streamers, tons of balloons filled with confetti, there was a table with a shimmery table cloth piled high with colorfully wrapped gifts. The swimming pool was filled and had floating candles in the shape of flowers floating in it. My sister had even spent big bucks to have an Alice in Wonderland-themed cake from the local bakery to be delivered.

The cake was amazing. It had everything! It even had teeny tiny magical mushrooms and an adorable white rabbit. It depicted an epic tea party and all the characters were represented. Everything was perfect until we actually ate the cake. That's when things started getting weird.

My hippy sister actually put real magic mushrooms on the cake. Soon, many of the kids were seeing goblins that were chasing them. Some saw snakes and others monsters and this caused everyone to panic. In their panic and mad dashing about, they toppled over the cake, the candles caught the streamers on fire and suddenly, flames from the streamers caused the balloons to pop, sounding like gunfire.

Did you know confetti is flammable? Everyone screamed as firey confetti rained down on them. Then, others began to scream that over by the pool a large crocodile was swallowing children whole! One snap and poof! There went another child. The entire party turned into a massive disaster! As far as I know, all the children were accounted for when angry parents began showing up to claim their high-as-a-kite goblins, I mean children.

I don't know how long we were under the influence of those mushrooms but quite a few of those friends are no longer speaking to me and in turn, I am not speaking to my sister. It's been two weeks since the party and I'm still having nightmares about goblins and showers of fire. I will never, ever trust my sister to plan or throw another party ever again!


Prompt & Word Count
© Copyright 2022 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278927-Alice-In-Wonderland-Birthday