*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279517-Asking-Emma-out
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2279517
taking someone special out on a date.
“Would you go out with me, Emma?” Kevin wondered as he watched her get into her mother’s SUV. He shook his head in sadness. He wanted to take her out on a date. However, he had no money, as his family was poor and he a mere 15 years old.
Every day, Kevin would wave at her and she would smile at him, waving back. His heart would flutter with delight. At first, her smile was enough to have him floating in the air. But now, he wanted to get to know her. But how?
He kicked a rock with frustration as he began his way home, wondering what he could do to make some money in order to take Emma out on a simple date. He stopped and sighed as he looked up at the sky and said a little prayer. Kevin looked down at his feet and noticed some leaves being moved by sudden wind. He followed with his eyes until they fell upon Mrs. Kendal’s yard. It was covered in weeds and leaves. Kevin’s eyebrows shot up in realization.
I know how I am going to make money, to take Emma out on a date.
The next day, instead of waving at Emma, Kevin walked up to her.
“Hey, Emma. I was wondering if you would like to go with me for a piece of apple pie at the diner.”
He waited with anticipation as she stared at him for a moment. He was worried that she would say no. But then she smiled and said: “I’d love to, Kevin.”




w/c: 264
© Copyright 2022 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279517-Asking-Emma-out