*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279705-My-Entry-for-Pink-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Contest · #2279705
Not your usual princess
She was the kind of girl who wanted to live in a pink house. Not.

Kelly Ann slammed the baseball into her mitt and stared at her catcher. She stepped onto the mound and back off again. Who did Matt think she was anyway? Didn't he know her at all? He wanted to paint their house Pepto Bismol pink. He even brought color samples home from the Sherwin-Williams store. Where did he get that idea? Did he think she was a princess?

She knew she did not look like a princess. Most days she looked more like someone who'd been working in a garden. She wore her tattered t-shirts and black baggy shorts with well-worn tennis shoes as a uniform. It saved her from deciding what to wear every day and it worked well for her. She threw on whatever was clean, folded, and sitting on her dresser top. Let others agonize over whether a particular shade of green in a blouse went with the particular shade of blue in her shorts. It was all too much fretting over fashion.

She moved back to the rubber. She had to concentrate. Her team was ahead and they had to win this game or their season was over. She focused on Angel and nodded...that was the pitch she wanted to throw.

She was confident when she stepped back onto the mound. She'd tell Matt she wanted a green house when she got home.

Kelly Ann threw a fastball right into Angel's pink glove. Strike three.

© Copyright 2022 Flamedancer (flamedancer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279705-My-Entry-for-Pink-House