*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279769-Unexpected-Enjoyment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #2279769
Mark is forced into helping his sister's hockey team but soon he will be a part of it
Mark had been disgusted at the suggestion at first, he could barely stand being in the same room as his little sister Mia and now his mother wanted him to help with her field hockey team, he couldn't deny the pay was good, $20 a hour to set up and put away equipment, he knew the team had money to spare but he didn't think they were that wasteful. Accepting the offer he started working for the team even when his sister wasn't playing, the 5-7s, 8-10s and his sisters team the 11-13s, he was there sorting the equipment, setting the refreshments table, grabbing the first aid kit whenever a kid hurt themselves, by the end of the first week he'd made nearly $70 with an extra $20 on top from his mother for being so helpful. This money was of course spent almost immediately on a night out drinking with his friends so he agreed to continue working the following week, then the next, then the next, then the next.

It had been nearly two months since he had starting working for his sister's field hockey team, a decision Mark now said was the best suggestion his mother had ever made, not only had carrying the equipment around helped him lose a ton of weight but it had also showed him just how unhealthy he had been before, he no longer went out drinking with his friends, instead spending most of his time with Mia exercising, practicing and for some reason, hanging out with her and her friends chatting away. He had also let his normally buzzcut hair grow out, showing off the light blonde hair his mother hadn't seen at such length since he was a baby, getting long enough to be put in a ponytail or more commonly a braid, something his mother initially found weird but soon got used to when she found out it was part of a bet, if he wore his hair in a braid Mia and her friends would help him with the equipment.

Mark rather embarrassingly had to admit to his mother he was struggling a little as while he had lost weight he hadn't gained any muscle mass, his arms being about as muscular as his sisters. A few weeks later seeing Mark with braided hair was a common sight, he was still working for the team but for $10 a hour due to his inability to move the equipment not that he minded, he starting to enjoy field hockey with him being mistaken for being part of the team on more than one occasion due to his small stature and his general lack of body or facial hair which combined with his long braided hair and thin arms, gave him a very feminine look. This was not lost on his sister or her friends who decided to make another bet with Mark, this bet resulting in Mark being dragged around the mall by Mia and her friends buying clothes and makeup, even getting him measured for a bra due to the small man boobs that he had retained even after losing weight, not telling their mother resulting in her being confused when she saw him dressing in girls pajamas during a sleepover, finding bras and panties in his drawers where his boxers should be and seeing glittery nail polish on his hands.

His mother had decided to not confront Mark, after all he seemed so much happier and got along with his sister better, why embarrass him. She instead asked him if he wanted to join the team temporarily since one of the girls had to quit, this did of course mean he wouldn't be paid but instead get an allowance just like his sister. Mark was ecstatic, of course hiding that from his mother but as soon as he got onto the field he couldn't hide it anymore, giggling and chatting away like a girl his sister's age, of course he couldn't go on as Mark.

A few weeks later their mother watched as Mary and Mia practice for their upcoming game, Mary shouting instructions to her blue vests as they passed the ball around while Mia and her yellow vest tried to intercept them. It had been an interesting few weeks, while their mother had said Mark only needed to present as Mary at field hockey, she couldn't remember the last time Mark had been well Mark, his voice and mannerisms had changed completely, acting more and more like a girl his sister's age. She had even heard him wishing on more than one occasion that he could actually be a girl his sister's age.

Logging onto the Better Life Clinic website that night, she looked at the procedures and how much it would cost then looked at the pile of clothes and underwear, all belonging to Mark, not worn and way too big for him ready to be tossed out. Looking at them then at a picture in the teams newsletter showing a smiling Mary she made up her mind and clicked on BOOK APPOINTMENT.
© Copyright 2022 TartanTwiner (helenamc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279769-Unexpected-Enjoyment