*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280021-Personal-4th-of-July
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2280021
A small story on a man and his wife move to a new town changed their lives
The man and his wife lived quiet lives, and avoided the crowded scene. They were round pegs in a town they wished they could leave. They enjoyed spending time together.



One day, they are able to leave.



The first 4th of July celebration, which in years past, was a stressful one for their two cats, a British shorthair, and a part Bengal/Tabby mix breed cat, who rarely agreed on activities but the sound of fireworks was a hated noise for them both. For over six years of their lives with their new family, these cats would need calming sprays, scented candles and some sedative solutions to calm their spirits during the night long festivities.



And then they moved to this new small town.



For the first time in their lives, when it was time for the 4th of July festivities, there was no sound at all that night. Though they heard from the cashier at the local Circle K that most people would celebrate the fourth of July, they did not hear a sound all night.



If it had been possible, the town would have heard their hearts sing for joy that the noisy town was behind them.



This was their own personal 4th of July celebration.



They were free.











© Copyright 2022 Happy Adore♥ (mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280021-Personal-4th-of-July