*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280237-The-Day-I-saw-Purple-Clouds
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #2280237
A short quick story I wrote up as a writing exercise.
         It was not an every day when you get to see a giant purple cloud float past you, so when one did, I gasped, rubbed my eyes and did a double take. Was I hallucinating? What even was that thing? My boyfriend who was sitting beside me, craned his head over to look at whatever that plastered a dumbfounded expression on my face. “Are you alright?” He sounded concerned.
         “Did you not see that?” I asked him softly, my eyes still fixated on that supernatural phenomenon before me.
         “See what?”
         “The cloud right in front of us, it’s purple! Do you not see it?”
         Daniel looked at me as if I had grown an extra pair of eyes. “It’s just a grey cloud. What are you talking about?”
         Oh, so it was just me. “Never mind then. It’s probably just a visual distortion with my eye.” I wrote him off with a nonchalant shrug. To the uninitiated including Daniel, I was most likely crazy.
         Only I myself knew that I was wide- eyed with a mind as clear as day when I saw those clouds. It was in the most regal shade of Prussian blue fading into fragrant lavender, slowly cruising through the sky with an air of majesty. More purple clouds materialized behind the first puff and followed suit like a royal procession and I could only stare in dumb awe. My teeth were chattering mildly as I bore witness, not out of fear but from a very subtle yet strong vibrational force emanating from them that was passing through my body. It could not have been a hallucination; it was too solid. Every sense of mine was wide awake and it all felt too real.
         Later that evening, I received a long-awaited phone call that I have been praying day and night for. Sister’s cancer was in remission. Those clouds felt almost like a prayer heard and answered.


         
         
         

         
         
         
© Copyright 2022 DayleeCoffee (dayleecoffee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280237-The-Day-I-saw-Purple-Clouds