*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280652-The-Second-JFK-assassination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Death · #2280652
The Second JFK assassination
The Second JFK Assassination

983 words


         Jason Lee was the proverbial mad scientist he had a day job at the University of California where he taught astrophysicists but his real job was on the weekends when he tinkered with developing a time travel machine. He had several secret investors who believed in him.

         He was also obsessed with preventing the assassination of President Kennedy because he believed that one event set the world down a dark path. He felt that if Kennedy had lived, the Vietnam war would have been averted, the militarization of society and the national security state would not have arisen, Cuba and China recognized, the cold war ended, and the rise of Islamic terrorism prevented. Not to mention, Donald Trump would never become President.

         Jason finally had a prototype completed but realized he could not figure out how to come back so he prepared to go back in time to 1960. He would invest in stocks, play the lotto and sports betting, and accumulate lots of secret funds that he would use to invest in start-ups, and he would jump-start the future. He prepared a secret book consisting of materials from the future that he would use to guide his investments and took back both a laptop and the cell phone which he would claim were prototypes he had invented.

         He would only reveal to a few people he was from the future but refused to state what happened because he knew that by going back he had created a new timeline and the future could be re-created. The more he changed things, the more different the timelines would become.

         He quickly became known as the darling of Wall Street because of his startling luck at timing the markets, and because of his start-up companies. One of the first products he introduced was the personal PC, basically a combo of Apple and the PC with his innovations. He called his company the ‘Future Tech Corporation, soon known as FTC, and pretty soon his invention of the PC swept the world.

         Then he went ahead and invested in solar power. Wind power, geothermal power, and predicted some extreme weather events with some new technology he invented that revolutionized weather forecasting. He also founded the first studies of global climate change and started the environmental protection revolution.

         He went to NASA and convinced them that he had figured out how to not only get to the moon, but to colonize the moon. Kennedy and his senior officials were hooked on his technological predictions, and soon he became a fixture at the White House

         One day a couple of weeks before the Dallas events, he requested a secret meeting with Kennedy, and his brother, Robert Kennedy alone.

         He started off

         “Mr. President. I am from the future. 2030 to be precise. In the future, many historians believed that the world went seriously off balance starting in 1963 when Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated you. Many people believe that was because you were about to announce the end of the Vietnam War, and a dramatic scaling back of the military-industrial complex that Eisenhower wrote about. And many believed that you would end the cold war with Cuba and open up relations with China and Russia. I am also convinced that you would help me jump-start the future by fully supporting the transition to a green economy, and avoid Nixon, Carter, Ronald Reagan, the Two Bushes, Clinton, Obama, and Donald Trump from becoming President. Other more suitable leaders will no doubt emerge that will continue the progress that you started, Oh and one final thing, don’t trust the CIA, the FBI, and most republican leaders, many of them would welcome your assassination as you will see on these clips of the future, which I have stored on
on my new laptop (which is from the future) and is a prototype of the new PC I am unveiling soon.”

         President Kennedy and his brother watched the video clips and were convinced that Jason was indeed from the future and peppered him with lots of questions.

         “Mr. President, all I can tell you is what happened in my timeline, this timeline is now different, and the longer I stay here disrupting this timeline, the more different the timelines will become. The future is not written in stone, we can change the past and the future. Unfortunately, my device was a one-way ticket, and I can’t fix it to return or go back to the past.

         “Well, this is hard to believe. Ronald Reagan as President? Nixon, I can see. Who the hell is Bill Clinton? And the two Bushes? Donald Trump isn’t he the developer out of NYC that is so annoying? How did he manage to become president? Okay, And we will keep this top secret, and we will have the CIA interview you and create a legend so that your secrets are not revealed. “

         Rumors that he was a secret time traveler were squashed with help from the CIA, who wanted to protect him for their nefarious reasons. They gave him a cover legend that held up. He made it clear that he had come up with all of his ideas because he was a deep thinker, always thinking of new technology and new ideas. He said that time travel was an impossibility.

         Unfortunately, the secret plot to assassinate the Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King, and Malcolm X continued and he was unable to prevent their assassinations which occurred in late 1966 after Kennedy’s re-election. These assassinations were partially fueled by his secret files which the CIA had gotten access to.

         One day in 1970, at the end of his annual Future Trends conference which brought together futurologists, a disgruntled ex-CIA agent who had seen the future files, came up to him and said,

“Man from the future. Did you foresee this?”

And blew him away, as shown on worldwide TV.




Does the past still exist? The James Webb telescope looks back through time to the light of the earliest found images of the universe. Some seem to disprove the Big Bang theory. What part of the past would you like to visit and why?


Write a story or poem about visiting a famous character, place or event in the past.

ASR only because of the topic, the assassination of JFK. Otherwise, not too violent.

© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280652-The-Second-JFK-assassination