*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2281590-Rocket-Alpha-Invades-My-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2281590
Yeah... this is a weird dream I had and I'm going to make a story based off it.
"I can't wait to get back home." I said just daydreaming about eating the Little Cesars pizza we just picked up.
"I know what you're thinking, don't even try opening that box." My mom said.
"Jesus Christ... I can barely see." My dad complained while he was driving. It was pitch black out at night with the occasional streetlight lighting up an urban building getting closer to our house, but not fast enough, I was starving.
"Just turn on your brights, honey." Mom said with a supportive tone trying to calm him down, while I just sat in the back trying to see for him like I had any control over his driving.
After a long dark ride home, we eventually rode up to the dirt, rural driveway of our mobile home; it was fairly large for a mobile home.
Setting up everything up in the kitchen, with the TV turned on in the living room, we got plates for the pizza and grabbed some cokes and dr. peppers from the fridge. I helped hand them over and we all sat down, our small brown dog, Cicero, sat on my lap and we watched an animated version of Harry Potter, a new movie that just came up on Netflix.
"What kind of show is this?" I asked abruptly, since I've never seen this.
"Just watch the movie and you'll find out." My dad said in a joking tone.
"It's just something to watch while we eat." Mom said with her mouth full.
After eating I left to go, kiss my mom good night and give my dad a hug, head over to brush my teeth and go to my room to go to sleep.

I must've been tired because I woke up late and I saw something out the window which looked like a plane. Military test flight? I headed to the living room and heard my parents outside on the porch. What were they doing? Cicero was panting wanting to go outside. I open the door to see my mom hanging up a Little Cesars poster by our front door. I look up and saw a hovering onyx and red plane.
"Uuh what's that?" I asked.
"I hope it's not those red rockets, they don't like Little Cesars." My mom said. Without thinking I immediately hop in front of the poster. Maybe they won't see it?
"I'm going to go find some help. Get inside!" Dad ordered.
"Where are you going to get help?" Mom asked. Before he could answer we heard laughing from the nearby red ship that landed before we could notice, and they emerged from the ship. At least four, tall grey skinned, same proportion as a human, a little cyberpunk, just looked... meaner.
"Don't worry, we just came to some outside... decorating. Go inside. Go!" He looked like the leader with his red war-paint and sharp teeth ordering us to go inside."
"See! I told you to go inside." Dad was angry and we all just scrambled inside. I completely forgot about the poster; I just ran into my room while my parents were planning in the living room.

We heard drills and lasers and alien language shouting. It sounded like a construction crew outside but enhanced with a rave party. I'm guessing they are taking off the poster advertisement, which I'm sure my mom had a good reason on putting that up. Too bad they didn't like Little Cesars, and we wouldn't have this problem.
"Shane, get in the living room." Dad told me, which I complied. Maybe there is something we can do. "We've gotten these people before, just play it cool. I'm going outside for a bit and I'm inviting them inside. Be nice and pretend nothing out of the ordinary is going on. Wendy, you remember the plan, right?" My mom nodded.
"Yep." She looked to the side pursing her lips.
"You okay, buddy?" Dad asked.
"Yeah, I'm going to go play video games and maybe grab a soda." I hid my nervousness.
Dad patted my shoulder, "Looks like you got this." he chuckled.
I did exactly as he said, I sat down over at the entertainment room and played some video games, hearing the raving stop and my dad talking with them very friendly-like. After some time, I had to pause my game as I had a guest in the room.

"Ayee, whatsa you up to?" Looking like one of the minions, he had blonde hair to one side of his face covering his pointy ear.
"Hey. Want a soda?"
"Suure sure!" he crashed on the nearest couch, as Cicero had to move out of the way.
"Hang on there, bud." I got up and went over to the kitchen to grab a couple sodas. I saw others heading over to the room I was at, one looked like a chick and the other one went to my mom's room. I hope she will be okay. I grabbed as much sodas as I could carry, about six, and went back to the entertainment room. I handed two over to each new crew member. The first guy shouted over to the one in my mom's room, he entered, and my mom was behind him. "Hey, this kid gotsum sodas here here!" He popped open two and drank a coke and a dr. pepper at the same time overhead, soda getting everywhere while the lady alien was playing my video game and was fairly good. I went and hugged my mom and asked if she was okay in her ear.
"Yeah, I'm fine, he was just curious about all the jewelry I had. I gave him some." She looked down, probably thinking how much that stuff meant to her. I hope they don't take the game system.

A couple hours passed by. We actually had a good time. We switched between movies and games, I brought more sodas, the TV was loud in the living room. Mom was showing one of the aliens how to paint; he looked bored. I handed them sodas and went back to our quarters. They shouted with glee.
"You good kid." He smiled; I tried not to look terrified with his sharp teeth. We were watching that animated Harry Potter again; it was actually a good series.
The lady crew member actually spoke up," I want to shoot stuff!" she grabbed one of the gaming controllers.
"Okay don't worry let's play this." I grabbed the game box that read "Halo" on it as I turned on the Xbox and popped the disk in while they looked at the box while drinking soda. We played for a little bit before I heard Dad and the leader heading over to our room. I was teaching them how to play but they didn't really listen they were just shooting and killing easily without my help.
"Looks like the kids are having fun." Dad said boldly.
"We need get back to work! We are done here!" the leader exclaimed, and the crew groaned and got up and took the sodas with them. My dad winked at me.
"And no more this!" the leader held out the Little Cesars poster with his clawed hand, "Only this!" He took one of the aliens' sodas, drank it and smashed the can on his Mo hocked head.
So, it WAS the poster that brought them here. I wonder what Little Cesars did to make them so angry.

As they left, I hugged my parents and helped clean the outside of the house. With the poster gone and soda cans everywhere. We had a cracked window, but that was already cracked when we moved in. What really changed was a laser imprint of what I'm assuming was their gang's name, but it was in their language so we couldn't read it which was probably a good thing.
"Hey, I have an idea!" I said to myself.
After cleaning everything up, I told my parents I was going to the store, they seemed exhausted, and Mom simply said "Okay just don't get abducted by aliens along the way.
"I won't, Mom."
Shopping was uneventful but what I bought was something me and my family will look at and remember forever: a Dr. Pepper logo. At first, my parents were confused then I explained that I've been giving them a bunch of soda, they laughed, and my mom hung up the dr. pepper logo right next to our front door to show them our appreciation for being good guests. Maybe they'll stop by again someday.
© Copyright 2022 RaeShae (sharper01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2281590-Rocket-Alpha-Invades-My-House