*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282387-The-Impersonator
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2282387
This is the opening page, it's about 350 words. What's your overall impression?
                                                                                The Impersonator                              September 5th, 2022

                                                                                Chapter One - Incomplete

                             

                   In a modest bungalow tucked away in Manhattan’s Lower East Side lives Nathan Beale, a 27 year-old financial advisor, and today’s Monday; the day of his weekly fortune reading. More importantly, it’s the day his long awaited package arrived.
                   “Wow !” Nathan said. There must be stamps and markings (on it) from every country.
                   He stared at the package for two solid minutes; tortuously, suspense was building. He began to rub his palms together; then a rhythmic eyelid flutter, and beads of sweat began to gather about his forehead and nose.
                   A quick wipe!
                   “Damn!” He cursed while looking at his hands –- in mid-air, he started shaking them wildly.
                    A sudden pause, and he placed his hands, palms together, below his chin; he took three deep breaths with his eyes closed.
                   Afterwards, just like a child, Nathan ripped the package open --straw and bubble-wrap went flying everywhere! He hurled the empty box across the room!
                    At last, the storm had passed; he beheld ‘The Gem of Africa.’ It was to become The Holy Grail of his collection: The Gris-Gris, (pronounced Gree-Gree) a talisman that protects the wearer from The Evil Eye.


© Copyright 2022 BoB_618 (rah618 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282387-The-Impersonator