*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282781-Dreams-of-a-Better-Future
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · How-To/Advice · #2282781
We dream of a better life & sacrifice today for the chance. But what if we are mistaken?
If we allow it to, life will get in the way of the things we have to do. In other words...we prioritise.

We sacrifice today for responsibilities, work, money or others' wants and needs...all in exchange for a chance at a better life.

We are trying to manipulate the future, in order to find something we desire. But the old saying goes, 'Be careful what you wish for'. And when you think about it, the easiest way to change things is instead of trying to change that which we have little control over, ie: almost everything, we change how we perceive and also our attitude towards the world around us.

We dream of what we want, often despising the life we live...in the hope that something better will come.

But, what if that dream, if it eventuates, is not what we envisioned?

Imagine our regret at not having the foresight to understand that it is not the past or even the future that should be our focus. That the fact is, all we have is here and now.

So, capture this moment...right now, today, and don't let your life slip past you in the hope of something better.

.
© Copyright 2022 Dr Gonzo (neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282781-Dreams-of-a-Better-Future