*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283019-Andri-the-Icelandic-fisherman
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2283019
Andri the Icelandic fisherman for writer's cramp


         Andri was a fisherman who lived in Iceland. Every day he got up at the break of dawn and braved the cold waters and frequent snow as he went out on his ship in the high water in search of the best fish the North Sea would provide. It was hard work but rewarding. He loved being a fisherman despite the cold weather, the hardship, and the at times low wages.

         At times, they played the game of imagining encountering the legendary sea monsters – the Kraken or the mermaids.


         One day they saw a mermaid swimming alongside the boat. She smiled at them, and then they saw the sea serpent, the Kraken who attacked the ship. The mermaid saved Andri’s life.

         He made it back to town and told his fellow fishermen what happened. He was arrested but cleared of all charges. The mermaid was never seen again, but the Kraken became a continuous problem.


New Prompt:

Name your main character: Andri
Situate your story or poem: Iceland
Use further the following words:

Snow - ship - high water.

Color and bold the given words for tomorrow's judge.
© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283019-Andri-the-Icelandic-fisherman