*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283159-Love-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bre
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #2283159
Who I was before there was him
And there it was. The one thing I needed. Suddenly everything ceased. My feelings vanished faster than my eyes could blink. I was numb. It was the one thing I needed to finally let him go; to free myself of his emotional grip that had held on to me for so long. Where did she go; the girl that existed before him? She's gone. Now that I feel nothing for him, all I feel is the sadness, the yearning, the everlasting longing of who she was before there was him. There was a last day for her, and she never even knew it. She never got to say goodbye. The old her is floating somewhere, wondering where she's gone, wondering why she left. You are her. You wonder where you've gone, you wonder why you left. Why did you leave? Why can you not come back? The past is so definite, you wish you wrote with a pencil instead of a pen so you can erase your dumb mistakes. I wish I could apologize to her. I wish I could at least go back and say goodbye. You are me, and I was her. I'm sorry I left, I'm sorry I never said goodbye. I still think about you all the time. I wonder where we'd be if I was still you. Maybe we'd be happy. Maybe we'd still be sad. I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I killed you. I miss you.

Love, you
© Copyright 2022 Bre (bumblebre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283159-Love-you