*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283631-My-Perfect-Life
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2283631
Flash Fiction
My Perfect Life

My new house had a wonderful yard, woods all around, and on a hill so when you looked out all you saw was the woods, and sky. It was like living on a mountain top, and yet only five minutes to the grocery store!

Plenty of room for my dogs to roam, however no boundaries for them to stop roaming. I was going to need to walk them, on leash, twice a day... until I got a fence up! The day my I moved in I called the fence company.

Mr. Bougle, who owned the company, happened to answer the phone because his sons had gone to do another job, he was a talker. In five minutes, he knew my dog’s names and what kind they were, and how it had worked in our old place, and what I had in mind for this place, well, my entire life’s story! He wasn’t sure the wooden fence I started asking about was right and talked about wire, and chain link being sturdier and less visible. He didn’t want me to lose my heavenly view to a wooden fence. We decided he would come look at the space and help me decide.

The next day, as I was still surrounded by boxes and furniture everywhere, Mr. Bougle, Henry, showed up. We talked fences as he helped me move furniture to its new places and boxes into the proper rooms. We roamed the entire yard with the dogs, on leash still, and talked and talked.

I ended up with the perfect fence, and I also ended up with a new love in my life. Henry and I married three months later. The perfect house, the perfect fence, the perfect dogs, the perfect husband. My perfect life, except for my new name... Mrs. Bougle...
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283631-My-Perfect-Life