*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283641-Meaningless-Admiration-A-rant
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #2283641
When you come to terms that your feelings are meaningless to them.
I know I am only here to entertain you from nine to five, Monday through Friday. I can sit here and wish upon every star I see, hope and dream that you will be mine one day. But let’s face it, stars are dead and so are these pretentious acts of admiration. I am sick of them and even bored. I hate the fact that I fell for them, yet again. I asked the Universe for something real and instead, sparked an interest with someone that has a wondering eye.
No, no, NO!
I want the real thing. I have been given the worst in this field of dreams. I thought maybe, if I hoped really heard, cupid would smite me and open the gates to “Heaven”. Instead, I am reminded that my dreams are on a boulevard that are broken and forever unspoken. I have to, once again, begin my process of healing. I don’t know what I did wrong to fall for this useless game. Am I not listening? Is this why I keep going around the same loop, with no results. I give this spark back to the Universe.
As for you, I don’t even want to be around you anymore. Every time I see you, you are always on your phone doing God knows what. I am sure it’s not social media that keeps your mind at ease. But maybe others tend to enlighten you in ways that I will never be able to.
I’m sure my thoughts are all over the place and I sound like an insane woman!
My head hurts…
I am now walking away in hopes of letting you go and finding peace once more. I can go on and on but there is no point. And I am sure what I am dealing with, is as old as time. And on that note, I’m done with my rant.


(10/22/2022)
© Copyright 2022 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283641-Meaningless-Admiration-A-rant