*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283692-The-Turkey
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2283692
A turkey that escaped being a dinner.
The turkey knew its days were numbered, but it didn't quite know when its turn was up. One night it had an opportunity to run away where it could have its freedom. On this particular night the gate was left wide open. Now it could call the shots. The turkey kind of felt sorry for the family it would leave behind, but it had to do this or lose its life. The family would have no Thanksgiving but the turkey sure would. So the turkey left.

A couple of nights later the turkey met a friend, a girl turkey. After being cooped up for a year she too escaped, flying over a fence. Now they were both free, but where would they get something to eat? They started walking down the road. Finally, they saw a big field of corn. They had a lifetime supply of food. They gave thanks for their freedom and their food. They had a very good Thanksgiving and they hoped a lot of other turkeys did too. That evening they celebrated and had dinner together. What else could two turkeys want?
© Copyright 2022 Judy Workman (judy70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283692-The-Turkey