*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283851-Power-and-Games
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2283851
Flash Fiction
Power and Games

“Look what you made me do!”

“Excuse me?” Janet said, she was the only other person in the room, and she had just walked in.

Ted looked up, “You’re excused,” then back at his phone.

“What?”

“I said you’re excused...?”

“From what?” Janet said.

“I don’t know, everything! Go away!”

“Why?”

“Because I’m busy!”

“So, you weren’t actually talking to me?”

“No! When? What are you talking about?”

“I was talking about you telling me I made you do something.”

“What?” he finally looked up, putting his phone down.

“Look what you made me do...?”

“What?”

“No, you said that!”

“I did not!”

“Yes, Ted, you did, just as I walked in...”

Ted frowned, thinking back, and then suddenly he figured it out, “Oh, I was talking to the game!” he said.

“Well I thought you were talking to me!”

“Oh, sorry! I get it now. You thought I was talking to you when I yelled at the game.”

“Yes...”

He turned back to the game.

Janet looked at him thinking he was even more annoying than he had ever been, and that was an accomplishment! That thought made her laugh out loud.

“What?” Ted asked, not even looking up.”

“Nothing,” she said, walking back out of the room.

“No... what?” he yelled, now distracted from the game.

“Nothing!” she yelled back, suddenly feeling an odd power.

“Come on!” he yelled again, now following her.

Suddenly Janet realized she was at the top of her game. She had Ted begging her to explain things to him that didn’t even really exist. Only sixteen years old, and Janet had accidently just figured out men.

Janet was always nice to her baby brother for accidently giving her this magnificent power. Ted, unfortunately, spent the rest of his life totally confused.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283851-Power-and-Games