*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284582-5-Reasons-You-Need-To-Study-Genesis
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #2284582
These are the pertinent reasons for you to study Genesis in the Bible.
If you have ever opened a Bible whether an electronic or a physical one, you would have come across the book of Genesis. It is the very first book in the Bible. It falls into the old testament session of the Bible. Genesis is well known by different people for different things because it contains great stories and events. So, here are five reasons you need to study Genesis. Take note that we mean that you need to study, not just read through.

The Book of the Beginnings
The book of Genesis is well known to be the book of the beginnings. This is not just because it appears at the beginning of the Bible but because it tells the story of the beginning of everything. I know Science is trying to tell us how everything started but they haven't been able to successfully do that. Genesis is the most detailed documentation of the beginning to date. So, if you want to know how everything began, study the book of Genesis.

First Time Mention
The book of Genesis is the book that mentions everything for the first time. Apart from the fact that the book documents the beginning, it also gives us a clear picture of how every other thing began in the beginning. It tells the beginning of man, crimes, rebellion, music, animals, life, the world, strive, etc. It does not only tell us about the beginning, it documents how every other thing joined.

Traceable Geneaology
The book of Genesis gives us a clear understanding of the genealogy from Adam the first man to what we call nations today. So, if you want to know who turned to the nation you are living in right now. Take a moment to study Genesis. Genesis will give you an overview of how that person eventually became the city and a bit of how that city became what it is especially in name and events.

Covenants
The book of Genesis is a good book to study to see how covenants flowed and which of them is still active today. For instance, you would read about the Noahic and Abrahamic Covenants and how it was passed down. You will understand how each of these covenants came and their impact on life generally.

Interaction With God
If there is one thing that is evident in the book of Genesis, it is interaction with God. Starting from the first created man down to generations that followed, we can see how people related to God in different ways and the outcomes. First, it was Adam and Eve, then their children. We also read about Enoch, Noah, the people at the Tower of Babel, Abraham's family, etc. Genesis opens our eyes to see a lot of things relating to God. You need to study it.

These are five important reasons among other reasons why you need to study the book of Genesis. And of course, it is always good to go back to the book of the beginning to draw timeless lessons we need to navigate even in this current time.
© Copyright 2022 goldpeace (adefreelance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284582-5-Reasons-You-Need-To-Study-Genesis