*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284630-Revenge
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2284630
A man, takes revenge.
Words 298

The man walked steadily on, unheeding the heavy downpour. The rain sought out all the warm spots which remained on his rain-soaked body. Yet still he walked the dark street. A solitary street lamp on the corner cast its feeble light. For a split second the black sky turned white when a flash of forked lightning ripped open the heavens. He stood counting the seconds, listening for the grumble of thunder in the distance. Satisfied the storm was still miles away, he carried on his way to his destination.

The church clock struck midnight. He stood across the road from the house. No lights were visible and yet he waited for a while longer in the rain which pooled in the rim of his fedora hat.
At last, satisfied the occupants were asleep, he walked across the road and around to the back door which he opened with a key..
He stood in the darkened kitchen and listened until he was satisfied no one had heard him.
He moved quickly, with a grace belying his large frame, until he was at the bottom of the stairs which he climbed taking one careful step at a time.
Standing in his ex wife’s bedroom he listened to the familiar sound of her breathing. There was another deeper, faster breathing which he knew belonged to him, the man she’d replaced him with.
He shifted the curtain slightly to peer out on to the rain-soaked road below to ensure there was no one out there. Another flash of lightning lit up the couple in the bed for a split second.
He took the neck tie out of his pocket and swiftly wrapped it around her neck, pulling tightly before she could make a sound. The thunder crashed loudly, directly overhead.


© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284630-Revenge