*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285026-Chapter-Nineteen---Games
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2285026
Being question without defenses, the Supreme High One questions himself
Chapter Nineteen

Games


147 Cycles P.E

         While the Supreme High One was astonished by the progress Eternity had made while in exile, he was still trapped in a cage without any ideas on how to get out. If he touched the bars, he would receive a numbing shock and a drain of his Essence which he could not replenish. He couldn't access his powers, his Essence, or the Collective because of the dampening field around and above him. He had to bide his time getting Eternity to talk. Maybe she would give away how to get out or deactivate the cell.

         So when you learned to depend on yourself, is that when you took over the Tras? he asked.

         They were the ones who taught me. I learned their language, went on hunts, listened to their quarrels, mourned their losses, and celebrated their victories. All the while, I was thinking about how to bring you and the Elders down. As you are very aware, I sent my best squads to hunt your Elders down. I observed that Tra had invented a method of hunting from a distance using short crystal shafts and a bendable shaft of defective crystals. The bendable shafts were something I had never seen before. They also use what they call Beezz, a stretchable material from inside the Glos they hunt, she paused and then address the Supreme High One directly, have you thought away to escape yet?

         If I have, why would I tell you? snapped the Supreme High One.

         Because you are self-gratuitous. You say you have done everything for the good of the Collective. If that was the case, the corrupt Elders would have been eliminated or Silenced. You would have paid more attention to the Old Ones who do not teach the Young Ones all they need to know. You would have paid more attention to your people instead of gaining more power. You would not terminate or exile ones who differ in what they believe is good for the people. Did I miss anything?

         He didn't know how to respond. Was he guilty of any of her accusations? Surely, he couldn't be. He believed he had done everything for the good of his people. What he believed.

         Did I strike a chord with you? Why are you suddenly silent? Do you feel unsure of your crimes against your people? How many have challenged you? You have eliminated all who opposed you. Or at least raised them to Elders so you could watch them. You are free to control without opposition to differing thoughts or beliefs.

          She continued, I have learned from you. I have thought about how you govern. And I have made sure I never followed in your footsteps. The Tra is a free people. They decide who governs their tribes. I was chosen to be the Reincarnated Chosen because of what you did. Your actions made me their choice of leader.

         What are you talking about?

         Do not play dumb. I know you are the one who took it into your hands to nudge their civilization forward. I know it was you because they showed me an etching of you when you visited them hundreds of cycles ago. You were the only Hydranousian to have ever visited them in the beginning. Sure, others that you exiled came later, but it was you who they saw.

         Before stopping to think, the Supreme High One stated, Impossible. I made sure I was hidden. No one saw me. He realized he just admitted to what Eternity was accusing him of.

         I knew it. You are the one who made them. You are the one who advanced them. I knew you did something with the Collective to change them. You took it into your hands to alter them without consideration of the ramifications. By doing what you did, you made it possible for me to be their leader. I thank you, oh most Supreme High One. She bowed deeply and then laughed again at him.

         I will tell you more about what you did. By enhancing them, they became more aware of who they were in the world. They began to grow, both in numbers and knowledge. They soon became a large colony. With so many to feed, they began to create separate tribes who moved away to build their different colonies. They had a central leader at first but then selected the smarter ones to help lead. They had their share of bad leaders. They learned from their mistakes and began choosing leaders by agreeing on who would make better leaders than others. Their chosen leader would report only to the Chosen. That person alone had complete authority.

         Now, this is where you shaped them directly. When you exiled your so-called criminals, they found their way to these colonies. It took time for the Tras and the Hydranousians to learn each other's language. During this time, the Hydranousians began to learn about this unknown civilization. They found it peaceful and welcoming. There were, however, ones who felt they should be the leaders. That ended with their termination.

         The Tra who left to start their own colonies also met exiled Hydranousians. These were more willing to merge into their societies and taught the Tra many things. Those who did rose in prominence and became loved leaders. Through them, taming and procreation of the Glos occurred. Mining crystal was learned, though, without the power of the third eye, it was strenuous work but helped create their weapons and cages. Through the mining, crystal the color of One with the Planet was discovered. At first, it was used for decoration because it was different. When curious Hydranousians began to arrive, we needed something to hold them. Because the One with the Planet crystals were the strongest, we used them. It was then it was discovered how it affected the Hydranousians who were still connected with the Collective.

         At this time, a Tra came in and went over to Eternity and spoke to her quietly. After he turned and left, she again addressed him, I received word from my squads that your people are becoming more organized in stopping my initial raiding parties. That is unfortunate for them. We knew something like that would occur so we had many contingencies ready. Ten more Elders have gone to be One with the Planet and several guards. It is believed they still have not discovered how come there haven't been any distress calls from the impending victims. Too bad.

         The Supreme High One was getting tired of this. His head was beginning to feel faint, his heart was pounding within his chest, and he was getting frustrated with all the information Eternity was sharing. You have me. Stop the termination of the Elders. Many of them are new since you were exiled. They are trying to hold the people together with just laws and change for the good, begged the Supreme High One, pity them.

         We have seen your pity. Silencing, exile, and termination of your fellow Hydranousians. Your Elders are self-serving or follow you blindly. I have enough of you for now. I go to make more plans for your people when we take over. She turned and left.

         After sitting down, he again tried to connect with his Essence or the Collective. There was nothing, just silence. He was alone except for the guards around his cage and the ones patrolling the room. They were all equipped with those weapons. He noticed the longer pieces of crystal were slightly bowed because of the tension caused by the Beezz. He also saw each Tra had a container made out of what looked like Glos skin with several of the smaller shafts with the Color of One with the Planet crystal on the ends.

         The Color of One with the Planet crystals on the ends? That is how they are terminating the Hydranousians without them calling for help. The Color of One with the Planet crystals dampens their Essence so they cannot contact the Collective. Why did he not see that before? He did not know about the Color of One with the Planet crystals and what they could do. Eternity slipped up.

         No, she did not. She knew he would figure it out. So far, she has been ahead of him. She has been feeding him information about how she rose to power within their ranks. She still, however, has not told him why they call her the Reincarnated Chosen. She hinted at it a little. Maybe that is something he could use to get more information.

         You, Tra. I have a question for you regarding the Reincarnated Chosen, addressing the nearest Tra, Tra! I have a question about your leader. The Tra either did not understand Hydranousian or was ordered not to speak with him. So much for that idea. It looked like he would be here for a while.

         The Supreme High One was feeling the emptiness of not having a connection with the Collective. He knew this would happen. He even made himself ready for the emptiness by focusing his thoughts on his current situation and how to escape. The more he thought about escape, the more he became worried.

         Had he no escape? Was he guilty of everything she accused him of? He did do everything she stated, but they were for the betterment and safety of his people. Yes, instead of putting Hydranousians who only wanted power into the positions of Elders, he should have addressed their issues head-on. Did the people exiled to the North Quadrant deserve this fate? He began questioning all his decisions. At this time, he noticed he had been rocking in place while in thought.

         What is happening to me? Am I going into madness?

         No, he thought, I am not going into madness. I need to stay focused on my thoughts, not the silence. I need to be here, not in my head. I need to find a way out.

         As time passed, Eternity would come and go. While present, she would relentlessly speak with the Supreme High One by telling him of the updates her people would share with her regarding the fate of several more Elders. He could not tell if she was bluffing or telling the truth. He wanted to believe she was bluffing, but the information she shared regarding the locations of the Elders could only come from someone who had been there.

         At one such point, the Supreme High One knew he was indeed becoming an Afflicted One. He was kneeling in the center of his cage when he saw a strange window open. He knew that was impossible because only he could open windows and he was trapped without power. Within the window stood a strange being, unlike anything he had seen before. The being was smaller and did not possess the form of a Hydranousians. However, how could a non-Hydranousian have a third eye? It could not be a Young One as its size and shape were bigger than any Young One the Supreme High One had ever seen. In addition, Young Ones do not possess the third eye until they reach adulthood.

         It was not until he saw the stranger move toward the viewing window with an easy gait did he believe it was a true viewing window of an alien being. However, it did have the color of the Highest Peak of the Mountain, meaning he was a Supreme High One from where it came from. Out of desperation, and without thinking it through, he reaches between the bars for help. He was immediately thrown back to the middle of the cage. As he stumbled to stand, the alien opened its third eye.

         A shaft of light came forth from the third eye that was the color of Sound of the Suns. It crashed into the bars the color of One with the Planet and shattered them. The shards of crystal flew in all directions. The detonation was so intense, that all the Tras within the cave, and the Supreme High One, were knocked unconscious.

         The Color of One with the Planet shards, which could be seen scattered everywhere, began to glow the color of Sound of the Suns. The shards changed color into a darker color of Sound of the Suns. Soon the glow began to subside until all there were only shards the color of Sound of the Suns.

2082 Words

© Copyright 2022 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285026-Chapter-Nineteen---Games