*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285437-Chapter-43---Surprise-and-Punishment
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2285437
The Old One sets a trap for those responsible for taking Jaz
Chapter Forty-Three

Surprise and Punishment


500 Cycles A.E.

         Young One, are you still in the desert? the Old One sent to Jaz telepathically.

         No. I am right behind you, but how is this possible? I felt you open the teleportation window and then we were here. This is what happened before. I was at the palace and then I was here. No time elapsed, and then Young One stated, You brought us here without my aid. I felt you open the window and then we were here. This proves that was not an accident. You can teleport short and long distances by yourself.

         I felt the window open and shut. I thought only I went through. How did we both end up here without feeling or seeing the process? I am beginning to think I am creating the portal on a subconscious level. That would mean I am creating the windows with little or no energy being used. It is like placing internal barriers. I just set them up and it just happens with a mere thought. I feel supercharged but in control.

         When did you first feel this way? How long ago? Jaz asked.

         I first felt this way when I was trying to teleport you to me. Before that, the last time I teleported anyone, I believe, was a criminal to the North Quadrant was over 800 cycles ago. But, I had all the Elders assisting me and that took several esuoms to complete the full teleportation.

         The Young One thought for a moment and then added, Before being abducted, while you were trying to contact the Void, I remember a darkening above the crystal mountain and your cave. It seemed to be the color of One with the Planet. As I watched, the size of the swirling clouds appeared to shrink, stop, and then shrink and stop again. It was then I was knocked backward. I believe it was right after that I was caught because I do not remember anything else.

         Were the clouds you saw circling or stagnant? The Old One asked for verification.

         They were twirling around, above the mountain itself. They were very dark.

         I wonder. Am I pulling the Void to me? I do not feel I am. However, you may have seen the physical manifestation of the Void while I was there. You stated the mass shrunk twice. While there, I saw the Void shrink twice, too.

         The Old One asked, You stated you were thrown backward. Did you see anything that hit you?

         No. It was like a strong gust or a wave of liquid eterinite pushed me back.

         I have those same sensations when I have been in the Void. While there, I have been hit by a wave-like pressure. Every time I felt it, something changes in reality. I have never spoken of this, but on one occasion when I was looking at the Void, I was hit with a smaller wave. When I regained consciousness, I had been sent 300 years into the future. When I was there today, I felt another wave roll over me. Instead of me being affected, you were.

         Good thing it was not permanent this time and you were able to get me back. I wonder if any others had been affected without your knowledge. After a brief pause, I just thought of something. When you first felt these time waves, you had a viewing window open to a different world. While watching a three-legged individual walking, an unknown power build-up caused the disappearance of half the population and then hit you and a tremendous power surge racked your mind and body. This caused the window to fluctuate out of control. The power surge that went through you went toward the window. You could not control the window any longer and knew the power surge would cascade through it into the other world. You received a telepathic message stating to use the power crystals to destroy the window and you did. Do you know who sent the message? Also, you started remembering seeing the power crash through the viewing window and hitting the three-legged man. Did the power wave go through as well?

         Yes, I believe it did.

         Is that when the viewing window exploded?

         It exploded right after I saw the power crystals hit the three-legged man. I do not know his fate.

         Could we open a new window and try to find out? I believe we would have to go back in time, but that should not be difficult with your new powers. Maybe the world you were viewing was unaffected by the blast. Or, maybe, the blast of the crystals missed the three-legged man and did not do any damage.

         That is an interesting premise. I will have to think about this. Until then, we have to set a trap for Limdg and Velez.

         Trapping Elders Limdg and Velez should be easy. By now, they have discovered you are missing and are trying to find you through the Collective. With your barriers in place, they will see you are not there and wonder what happened to you. We need to get them to broaden their search and then give them a small trail to follow.

         Jaz asked, Would not that lead them to me and eventually you?

         Not necessarily. Even if they do discover me, my barriers are much stronger than their probing. They will only find an Old One who is tutoring you.

         We first will place false information regarding you. They can not know you have recovered your memories and full strength. When they discover you, you will still be the weak helpless Supreme High One they want. If they try to teleport you again, we will have a surprise for them.

         With that, Jaz and the Old One began building barriers for Jaz to hide her true abilities behind, making sure as to not cut her off from her full Essence. It was a complex feat to accomplish as hiding her Essence was not the same as dampening it. After several trials and errors, they were satisfied with the result. Now was the time to set the trap.

         Jaz made a weak connection with the Collective talking with her new tutor, Old One, are you able to hear me?

         I can barely hear and understand you. What did you mean by 'I needed to secure a firm link to the Collective?' I am doing the best I can. I know my barriers are strong because I had two Elders tell me they were. Maybe you are the one having difficulty because of your age.

         The Old One responded much more clearly, 'Young One, I assure you I am sending you a very clear message. Your connection with the Collective is very poor. Whoever your previous tutors were, Elders or not, did a very poor job tutoring you. What were their names?'

         'I think you asked for my previous tutors' names. They were Elders Limdg and Velez. After I was taken, I could not connect with them. I think they were ignoring me. I am the new Supreme High One, you know.' Jaz laughed after sending the last part.

         'Hmm, yes, as you told me. You have not received your proper training so it will be a long while before you take your rightful place.

         Now Young One, we lure them in, the Old One stated.

         Sending out a strong note to the Collective, Young One, I want you to do exactly as I say. I want to test your Essence's power to contact the Collective. Focus on what we talked about, the Old One sent. Visualize the person you want to hear your thoughts and try to search for them.

         Who should I pick?

         Anyone you know who has had contact with you. Those will be the strongest paths to follow.

         Jaz then focused on Limdg and Velez to partially send her message to. Old One, can you hear me more clearly now? I feel this is working better than with the Elders' tutoring.

         This caught the full attention of Elders Limdg and Velez. They focused on her location. They needed to get her back and more firmly under their control. The fastest way to get her there was to teleport. They knew this would be risky, but they needed to get this done as soon as they could. They both entered the Collective and drew as much power as they knew they could channel. At once, they began the teleportation sequence.

         The Old One was ready for this. As soon as he felt the draw on Jaz's physical form, he locked onto them and teleported Limdg and Velez to him.

         The Elders were stunned. They had no idea what happened to them. First, they were disoriented and did not understand how they got to where they were. As they looked around, they first saw Jaz and then the Old One. They had no idea where they were and then they were immediately cut off from the Collective.

         Greetings Elders Limdg and Velez. I am an Old One, and this is my pupil, Jaz. I noticed you took her away without her consent. You then announced she was the new Supreme High One and were going to train her to be your pawn. What you did was train her how to construct a very weak barrier so you could easily manipulate her into whatever you wanted. Am I correct?

         Who do you think you are? We are Elders, chosen by the last Supreme High One because of our faithfulness and honesty. We answered only to him and not some Old One. With that, Limdg and Velez turned around and began walking away. They stopped and turned back toward the Old One, How are you doing this? You can not block our connection to the Collective.

         The Old One answered, Oh, I am not. It is the Young One who is doing this. After she was liberated from you and her mind was clear of what you did to her, she is reaching her true potential. As you called her, she is the Supreme High One. She can do whatever she pleases to you.

         Limdg was beginning to get upset and nervous, Impossible. She is not the Supreme High One. She does have true colors.

         Colors can be changed. She may not have wanted anyone to know who she was. You are the ones who have announced her to the Collective, the Old One stated.

         Jaz strode toward the Elders. You took me against my will, drugged me, and then tried to make me your puppet so you could rule all the Hydranousians, Jaz began, I sentence you to Silence.

         You are not the true Supreme High One. We made that up so we could control you and become more powerful among the Elders. You can not Silence us. Only the Supreme High One could or the Elders with the combined power of the Collective. You have failed in whatever you were trying to do.

         Immediately they felt their connection with the Collective opened. With this, they both were barraged by the other Elders contacting them regarding their plan to overthrow them.

         You will answer for your crimes.

         You will be Silenced and exiled to the North Quadrant.

         Yes, to the North Quadrant with you both.

         We deal harshly with traitors.

         We are initiating your teleportation now.

         No, wait! We can explain! We did not mean anything we said. We knew it was a trap and played along. Stop the teleportation now. Please st. . . .Limdg and Velez slowly began to disappear, both wailing their innocence.

         What will happen to them? Jaz asked.

         They will be Silenced and most likely sent to the North Quadrant. At the very least, they will be stripped of their powers and Silenced for a cycle or maybe permanently.

         Do we continue to the cave or will we go somewhere else? asked the Young One.

         Let us continue to the cave.

         When the Old One and Jaz got to the outside of the cave, they immediately scanned the area for any others nearby. When neither one discovered any sentient beings, they made their way into the cave.

         Well, that was easy enough. I thought for sure Elders Limdg and Velez would have somehow gotten off easy with the lies they no doubt told everyone. Jaz commented.

         I do not think they succeeded in getting off easy. I probed the Collective and could not find their essence. They have been Silenced or worse.

         You do not think they have become One with the Planet, do you?

         All wasted lives are terrible, the Old One stated, and that is why you must weigh all options before deciding. Never judge another without considering everything they may have gone through. Even Eternity was given that opportunity. I admit I am guilty of that.

         If I may ask, Old One, why do you use her for so many examples?

         These are reasons best left buried. Needless to say, I had personal experiences going through what she went through.

         Jaz could tell she would not be getting any further explanation from the Old One. She let it drop.

2206 Words

© Copyright 2022 J.R. PETE (jtpete86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285437-Chapter-43---Surprise-and-Punishment