*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285617-They-Both-Laughed
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2285617
Flash Fiction
They Both Laughed

Frank came around the corner in the grocery and saw Ron. “Ron! Can you loan me some money?”

“Good to see you too...” Ron said, chuckling a bit.

“Sorry!” Frank said, coming out of panic, “Cindy sent me for this stuff and I don’t have my credit card with me. I dropped it in the toilet yesterday then I left it in the bathroom to dry...”

“Woah!” Frank said, “too much information!” and he laughed.

“Sorry, but if I don’t get everything on her list, she’ll send me back and the game starts at two! I’ll miss the game, but she needs the stuff for her stupid bridge party.”

“Well, I was just getting a candy bar, I didn’t even bring my wallet. How much do you need?”

“I think I’m about eighteen short.”

“Eighteen...?”

“Yeah, I only had two bucks in my pocket...”

Ron pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket and pulled out a twenty, handing it to Frank.

“That’s what you keep in your pocket?”

“Well, yeah.”

“Why?”

“Because my wife periodically looks in my wallet when she needs money. She can’t look in my pocket!”

They both laughed.

At Ron’s house, his daughter was asking her mother for some cash to buy something for school. “You’ll have to get it from your father,” she said.

“He doesn’t have any, he showed me his empty wallet.”

“Go in our room, he keeps all his cash in his sock drawer and just stuffs some in his pocket every day. He doesn’t even know how much he has. He just wants me to think he doesn’t have any so I won’t make him pick up things for me.”

“How do you know that?”

“Who do you think puts away laundry around here?” and then, they both laughed.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285617-They-Both-Laughed