*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285923-The-Eyes-Have-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2285923
Flash Fiction
The Eyes Have it

“Dan, Susan and Tommy are coming over, help me pick up.”

“What’s to pick up? Everything looks fine,” Dan said, looking up from the model ship he had just finished after weeks of work.

“We have to hide this stuff,” she said, picking up a pile of her sewing and a couple nick knacks.

“What are you doing, Jen?” he asked, “that’s not messy.”

“It’s not because it’s messy, it’s Bridgette.”

“Bridgette? She’s five! What are you talking about? She’s not a baby anymore, we don’t have to run around making everything baby proof anymore. You just tell her not to touch things, she’s five!”

“You have spent too much time outside working on that car with Tom. You don’t know what it’s like to have Bridgie in the house...”

“Pffft...”

“Suit yourself, I’m moving my stuff out of sight.”

The visit went well, Jen and Susan had to run to the store leaving the men to watch Bridgette. After they got back the “girls” made cookies, and they all had lunch.

After the family had left Jen walked into the living room after cleaning up the kitchen. Dan was sitting in his chair, just sitting.

“Tired huh,” said Jen, “That family is full of energy.” Then, she noticed the table next to him was empty, “Oh, so you did put your stuff away after all, where did you stuff the model ship?”

“In a bag so Bridgette could carry it home...”

“You didn’t fall for that! Did you?”

“It was those eyes... so sweet...”

“I should have remembered.”

“What?”

“That’s how I got you.”

“What?”

“She has my eyes, that’s how I tricked you into falling in love with me!”

“Tricked huh,” he said smiling, “Well, apparently they still work...”

“And I’m very glad they do!” Jen said, laughing.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285923-The-Eyes-Have-it