*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286303-Guiles-is-a-Ghost
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Children's · #2286303
Friends can come in any shape or size, or none at all.
Today, I moved into an ol' farmhouse that grew a lot of corn. A family grew it to feed their cows. There was a lot of corn and cows. They were milk cows. People needs milk, right? Pop says milk costs too make. But he said maybe someone can help us make the cow milk.

But the corral's broken and needs a fix'n first. An' check this out. The handle's still here, when I pump it real fast, I can hear sum'tum. Sounds like a-knockin' on the door. Ya hear it? Listen hard. See!

An' I can squish my eyes tiny and look at the sun hangin' low and orange. There! I can see the cows behind that old fence. They are a-lookin' at me an' chewing the grass 'n swishing their tails. Lazy cows! They'd be sleeping standin' up if they could. Maybe they jus' are!

Hey! I saw sum'tum scary, you wanna go see it? My Pop jus' showed me the mine! Pop said there was silver under the ground, and men came to dig it out from the mines underground.. But they only found tiny pieces.

Pop said maybe they hid it cuz nobody has found any of it. Wanna help me look for it? Its a dangerous mission, you might disappear. The miners' arent here anymore, but their holes sure are!

We have to look out for the big air holes still hiding in the tall grass. so's you better be lookin' where your feet are goin', or you"ll get swallowed by one! Here, grab a long stick so's you can poke the ground before you step, n' make sure it's still there.

I done heard the neighbor's son from the farm next door got 'et by one. One day he was storming off mad at his Pa. His Ma watched him get smaller as he left, but then he just disappeared. She saw him one second and the next second he was gone! The whole town was a-lookin' and nobody's done seen him again.

Here it is! Wait, stop!! You almost missed it. Now crouch down, and be careful. Duck under the big roof stone. Now just slide down the loose rocks on the ol' ramp here. Good!. But it'll be a lot harder get'n back up. OK, now, stop. Look!

I think me and my Pop are the only ones who's seen this here in a very long time. And now you have seen it, too. What do you think?
© Copyright 2022 Write Werewolf (gallen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286303-Guiles-is-a-Ghost