*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286645-Best-Mudras-for-Anxiety
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Health · #2286645
The best mudras for anxiety are employed to overcome negative energies
Best Mudras for Anxiety
Mudra was first originated in the early Vedic Hindu culture and practiced for thousands of years in India. It is considered a symbol of ritual gestures or poses in Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism. In the modern age, it has been given the name of Yoga, where people use the techniques of best Mudras for anxiety and depression. It furnishes spiritual satisfaction to the mind and body. Mudras are performed through hands and fingers that combine other organisms like wrists, shoulders, elbows, and sometimes the entire body. It carries the non-verbal mood of communication where the whole body is involved to eradicate the negative energies from the body and curing anxiety.
Mudra is combined with Yoga to heal and cure anxiety. It employs various techniques and gestures to get involved in your body and mind together. It allows you to get inward and compile all your energies and feel better. Hundreds of mudras are seen in Indian cultures, like in dances, sculptures, paintings, and ceremonies. The growing popularity of the mudras lies in its spiritual power that embeds body and mind together. In this hustle-bustle life, where every other person is facing anxiety and depression, the best mudras for anxiety are employed to overcome negative energies and they drive depression out of the body through meditation.
Best Mudras for anxiety

Here we are going to discuss some popular techniques and gestures of best Mudras for anxiety. What you have to do is to pick any of these postures or gestures of mudras and perform for a limited time set in a day. Practice and make them a part of your life, slowly and steadily, you will feel a kind of change in your emotions and personality.
1. Gyan Mudra for anxiety
Gyan is most famous in mainstream society, where meditation is a part of human life. It gives you a sense of deep concentration and sharps your memory. Saints and Vedic perform Gyan mudra to gain knowledge and strengthen their senses. It involves deep meditation that removes stress and calms both body and mind.
How to practice Gyan mudra?
It is executed by touching your index fingertip to the tip of your thumb while retaining the other three fingers straight.
2. Buddhi mudra for anxiety
Sometimes dispersed thoughts capture your mind and make you disturb. In this situation, Buddhi mudra helps you to retain your energies and get rid of the dispersed meditations. It gives a chance for non-verbal communication and clarity to your mind.
How to practice Buddhi mudra:
This mudra is performed by touching your thumb to your pinky finger while keeping your other three fingers straight.
3. Apan Vayu Mudra for anxiety
Anxiety is such a serious mental disease that can cause other physical diseases and heart attack is one of them. In India, Apan Vayu Mudra is considered to be highly beneficial for people with hormonal disorders and hyperactive nature. It reduces the Vata elements from the body and helps in regulating hormones that keep anxiety away.
How to practice Apan Vayu Mudra?
This Mudra is performed by pressing the tip of the index finger lightly against the root of the thumb and the second and the third finger should touch the inner tip of the thumb.
4. Shuni mudra for anxiety
This mudra is considered one of the best mudras for anxiety to resolve sensory powers. It helps to take initiative and improves alertness. When anxiety controls your emotions and decreases your decision powers. Shuni then helps you to regenerate your emotions and gives more power to you. It purifies your emotions and thoughts and clears your imagination.
How to practice Shuni (Shoonya), Mudra?
Touch the tip of your middle finger to the thumb tip and keep the other three fingers straight and relaxed.
5. Parana mudra for anxiety and depression
Another very beneficial and the best mudra for anxiety is Parana mudra which provides energy to your body and heals depression. Parana mudra helps with many health issues. It improves eyesight, decreases the risk of heart attacks, builds fighting agents against diseases in your body, and improves your metabolism. Saints and other Buddhas mostly acquaint Parana mudra during fast to reduce hunger pangs. It also helps to have a good night's sleep. So, some psychologists also suggest their patients, perform Parana mudra in yoga.
How to practice Parana mudra?
You can perform this mudra by touching your ring and pinky fingers to the tip of your thumb while having the other two fingers straight.
6. Ganesha Hand Mudra for anxiety
The Ganesha Hand Mudra is associated with fire. In ancient India, Buddhas and Hindus used to perform this best mudra for anxiety to improve their digestion system. It is believed that while performing Ganesha mudra, one may experience strong feelings of warmth in the heart. So, this mudra is best for people suffering from heartache, depression, sadness, and heaviness. It helps to get rid of negative emotions.
How to practice Ganesha Hand Mudra?
You can perform this mudra by standing as well as by sitting at any comfortable place. First of all, hold your left hand in front of your chest with the palm facing outward and bend the fingers. Then grasp your left hand with the right hand. Next, move your hands to the level of the chest, very close to the heart and lock your fingers together and make a claw. Now take a deep breath and start meditation. During meditation, inhale deeply while keeping the gesture of hands in the same position. Repeat the procedure 6-8 times. Now reverse the gesture, (hold the right hand in front of the chest and all). Start meditation, and inhale deeply 6-8 times. Remember to repeat this mudra the same number of times in each direction.
7. Rudra mudra for anxiety
Another fire and solar plexus-associated mudra is called one of the best mudra for anxiety. It employs the gesture of hands, eyes, and body. Rudra mudra is exercised with yoga and has powerful healing properties. It gathers your all positive energies and calms your disturbing emotions. It heals your body and mind. In simple words, it works physically and spiritually both. It also helps in soothing the digestive system. You can add this mudra to your routine and find the best properties to reduce anxiety.
How to practice Rudra Mudra in Yoga?
First of all, connect your thumb to your index and ring fingers and keep your other two fingers as straight as you can.
8. Vayu mudra for anxiety
Vayu is a Sanskrit word that means air. In Vayu mudra, it is said that you can balance the air element in your body. This mudra helps in the condition of excess gas, inflammation, or bloating issues in the body. It also relieves your chest problems and improves your immune system. It helps to reduce stress and improves sleep.
How to practice Vayu Mudra in Yoga?
This mudra is very close to the Gyan mudra in looks. The very difference in posture is that in Vayu you connect your thumb to the hump of the index finger. Then press down on the index finger to your level of comfort. This helps to relax your muscles and joints that keep your air balance in regular motion.
9. Kalesvara Mudra for anxiety
Kalesvara mudra is best for soothing disturbed emotions and calming your senses. It helps in reducing conflicting thoughts and generating soothing ideas. It takes your mind and soul to a more harmonious surface where you think about your habits, characters, and actions above time. It helps you in taking the right decisions. It helps in getting rid of depression and anxiety.
How to practice Kalesvara Mudra?
First, strike the tips of your middle fingers to each other. then strike the first two joints of the index fingers and then touch your thumbs. Next, bend the other fingers inward. Point your thumbs toward your chest and lay your elbows to the outside. Inhale deeply and repeat the session 6-8 times a day.
10. Dhyana mudra for anxiety
Anxiety disturbs the emotions that affect both body and mind. Dhyana, the best mudra for anxiety, helps in regenerating all the disturbing emotions and calms your mind and body. It is one of the most powerful mudras practiced for thousands of years. It is very effectively used in deep meditations. In this gesture, you can find a kind of peace and tranquility. It helps in bringing deep concentration of thoughts and feelings. In benefits include sharp memory, concentration, a healthy mind, and a healthy body.
How to practice Dhyana mudra?
In this mudra, first, find a calm place. Then sit with your hands facing upwards, right hand on your left-hand palm. Touch the tips of your thumbs to each other. It helps in deep meditation. You focus on a particular subject and can ponder upon it. It helps in making mature decisions because Dhyana mudra keeps away anxiety, strengthen your powers of imagination, and makes you strong.

All the types discussed above are the best Mudras for anxiety and depression. When you feel stressed and anxious, take a comfortable seat, and perform any of these mudras with gentle breath for 15-20 minutes. Also, make them a part of your routine and see the magic of happiness in your life.

© Copyright 2022 Dia's diary (sadiali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286645-Best-Mudras-for-Anxiety