*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287094-Yellow-Means-It-Must-Be-Monday-Chapter2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #2287094
Lim looked at his yellow sleeve and then remembered... it must be Monday.
The tuk-tuk revved its motor as it swerved to miss the man standing by the railroad tracks, its blue curtains flapping, the driver unflappable. Blaring his horn would be rude.

Startled, Lim jumped back, raising his yellow sleeve to shield his eyes and then remembered... it must be Monday.

He wasn't used to the chaotic traffic. His hometown of Yala was modern, orderly, and civil. This city of golden duckies was wild!

His deep blue eyes measured his companion. Tall, slender, as beautiful as any model, well-dressed in a navy business suit. So professional. So naive.

He stepped over broken concrete and around the abutment as his hand was grasped. His guardian angel wasn't about to let him become road-kill.

They were headed out to eat before the sun set and crowds gathered.

Lim liked walking but his short legs found it hard to keep up. Apparently someone was hungry... not him.

His hand was cradled like a precious gem as hot food and cold drinks were ordered. Mango, coconut? His mouth opened every time a spoonful was offered. Squid?

He tried to relax. The gunfire of his youth seemed distant here among the busy vendors and cheery customers as two monks glided past sipping saffron-colored slush through plastic straws.

Then a bang.

Lim jumped as his hand went slack and slid from its embrace. No one else seemed to notice, but then... music? Someone singing the blues? No... just a whining siren coming from the direction they were headed.


~251 words
© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287094-Yellow-Means-It-Must-Be-Monday-Chapter2