*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287175-What-was-her-name-again
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2287175
I wonder what she's up to...
         It was a long time ago.
         I can't remember when it was, and I don't know why I'm remembering this now.
         Maybe it wasn't all that long ago, and I'm just remembering it wrong, I don't know.
         The memory is foggy.
         It was just me and her.
         We were somewhere, looking up at something. It might've been in a room, and we were sitting on a couch or laying on a bed. Maybe it was at night, and we were looking at the stars, twinkling in the endless void of space.
         I remember looking over at her, and asking, "What do you want?"
         She didn't look back at me, instead keeping her gaze up. She took a moment to answer. I can't remember if my question confused her, or if she was just thinking of the right thing to say.
         "Like in the future?" she asked. "I don't know yet. But I'll figure that out when I get there."
         She reached her hand over and squeezed mine. I can't remember much of her, but I do remember the delicate softness of her palm.
         "I don't like worrying about what'll happen in the future all that much, because I don't know what'll happen then," she continued her answer. "All I really know is this moment that I'm living in right now." She looked over and sweetly smiled at me. "And right now, all I want is you."
         I think at the time, I had never felt more in love.
         But now more of my memory is coming back to me.
         I remember that she eventually stopped wanting me, so she left me. I think she left me for someone else, or maybe there was a different reason, I can't recall that part.
         Maybe she wasn't real at all, and I'm just making this all up as I go along, I don't know anymore.
         But what I do know is that I can't help but wonder how she's been.

© Copyright 2022 CM Joshua (cmjoshua at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287175-What-was-her-name-again