*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287801-Me-Myself-and-I---2023
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Self Help · #2287801
a Dear Me letter
Dear Me,

Happy New Year! Last year kinda sucked, especially after our birthday in June. Those check engine lights not only went off, they shined NEON for quite a spell. Some good came out of it, since we are here at WdC. I know that this was a sanity saver, and it has been fun making new friends. Writing has been a balm for the soul, truly.

But the past is in the past - let's not get bogged down, shall we? Cool. So, 2023. Time seems to be flying by. I have set up some goals for us this year, and it's going to be a bit of a stretch, but hey, we are ready for some movement.


FORUM
Anniversary Reviews  (E)
Celebrate Writing.Com member account anniversaries with reviews. GPs and exclusive MBs.
#1565040 by Annette
We promised Sum1 that we would work on getting more reviews in, so there is one.

FORUM
Weekly Goals  (13+)
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
#1949474 by The StoryMistress
We are already doing the weekly goals/updates. Keeping up with them shouldn't be a problem.

FORUM
EXPRESS IT IN EIGHT  (13+)
This is a poetry sharing activity for expression and entertainment!
#2232169 by Solace.Bring
We are also having fun with writing 8-lined poems.

FORUM
Take up Your Cross  (E)
This will be a daily blog forum.
#2225667 by Chris Breva
This blog has been so helpful with reading and meditating.

FORUM
Unstable(d) Writer's Challenge Closed  (E)
A 12-month, intense writing Challenge
#2281662 by Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love
This one will be a bit of a stretch for us, as we are used to writing poems, rather than stories. But good things are coming, I just know it!

FORUM
The Happiness Port Project  (E)
This is a 6-month or 1-year activity... Come and join in. The Happiness Port Project.
#2218371 by Sunny
This is pretty easy, I just have to remember to do it daily, and NOT get distracted.

FORUM
The Spiritual Challenge  (E)
A Spiritual Challenge to journal, pray, reflect, and connect with God
#2240021 by Sunny
Again, not too hard, just not forgetting. A good thing we've written down and organized this!

FORUM
Twenty-three in Eleven   (13+)
I Write in 2023
#2284057 by Annette
Focus! Focus! Focus! Did I mention, focus?

And then our personal blogs- where a lot of stuff goes:

BOOK
Jots and Tittles and other Random Things  (13+)
Just things that I think about now and then.
#2278909 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


Who knew I was such a glutton for punishment? *Wave* *Wave* *FacePalm* .

But then there is the non-writing stuff: Our health? Yeah, that has to come first this year. After trying to take ourselves out last year, NO MORE! It's time to quit fooling around and get serious!! *Angry* No more excuses! After all, we WANT to go back to work, so we can have money to pay bills and have some spending cash for WdC, right? *Wink* *Coins* Always good to have motivation *Smirk2* !

Along with health, taking our meds and NOT forgetting! We have a bad habit, and that isn't going to help us...So we need to figure out HOW to get over the hurdle, and take back the ground we've lost.

Well, dear Me; we are stuck with each other for another 365 days, (Lord Willing), and there is a ton of stuff we want to do yet...remember the Chicago Zephyr Train ride you want to take with your Sister? And seeing Mom and Dad for the holidays next year? Well, it isn't going to happen on a whim... time to get on the stick, dear Me.

I promise to help you, and encourage you if you get down, or discouraged. And remember, our help comes from the Lord (Psalm 121:1).

Do not be afraid to ask for help.

Sincerely, and with love -


Me






Word Count: 486
Prompt: Write a letter to yourself and tell you what your goals are for 2023!
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287801-Me-Myself-and-I---2023