*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288141-Sam-Adams-Changes-the-Past
Rated: E · Fiction · Steampunk · #2288141
Sam Adams Changes the Past for Writer's Cramp

Sam Adams Changes the Future Writer’s Cramp

862


In 1890 Sam Adams was a mad scientist living in Atlanta, dreaming of building a time machine so he could go back in time to the civil war and change history by supplying the south with modernized weapons, training, and the benefits of knowing the history of the war and how it came about.

After a lot of tinkering, he came up with a skeleton of a time machine, made up of wire, gears, and electronic gizmos. The machine would transport the room and all of its contents into the future or back into the past, but if they went back in time they would be stuck there so first they would go to the future before going back to 1859.

He recruited a few confederate veterans to join him on a journey to 2023 where he hoped they could acquire the weapons they needed and a small army of advisors to help them change the future by changing the past.

They all got together and had a BBQ out back before going boldly into the future. They ended their feast with marshmallow smores roasted on the fire.

Sam Adams told his crew to get ready for the ride of their life and they stepped through and found themselves in 2022 America. They quickly realized that they could accomplish their goals with the help of right-wing militias including the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, the Boogaloo Bois, and the former President and his allies.

They raised millions of dollars in dark money contributions and had a small army of advanced weapons sufficient they believe to turn the tide of the civil war to their advantage and make America Great Again by restoring the South to its glory days, and avoiding most of the mistakes made in the early parts of the 20th century. The south would ally with Hitler and Germany and make the world safe for the white race ending much of the social progress made in the US and the world. That was all an anathema to them.

The FBI and other agencies soon learned of this strange group of purported time travelers from 1890 who was attempting to go back with advanced weapons to re-fight the civil war.


The FBI finally got approval to stage a raid on their compound outside of Atlanta Georgia, but the news of the raid leaked as some of the FBI senior staff was sympathetic to the rebels' cause and leaked the news of the raid to Sam and his crew who escaped back in time just before the raid was to occur.

The raid never happened because they had gone back and changed the past and the future was now different.

The raid never happened because there was no record of Sam’s trip to the future, and in fact Sam never went to the future in the altered time line as he had changed the past by visiting the future and returning to the past. Historians were convinced that due to the activities of Sam Adams a prolific inventor and military genius the South won the war, which led to the breaking up of north America into ten new nations. And the FBI never existed. The proud boys and militias never were formed and the MAGA movement never happened because the South had won the war after all.

The United States was split into ten nation states

the Confederate States controlled the south, the southwest, and Northern Mexico. Slavery was legal throughout the Confederacy. They were allied with the German Reich which had won world war 11 and controlled most of Europe except for the UK. The Capitol was Atlanta

The Northeast Federation controlled the Northeastern States and Canada. Slavery was illegal – the capital was NYC, and Washington DC had become just another state.

The Great Lakes Federation controlled the upper midwest slavery was illegal the Capitol was Chicago

The West coast Federation controlled California, Oregon, Washington, British Colombia, and Alaska – slavery was illegal the capitol was SF

The Pacific Islands controlled Hawaii, The PI, Guam, and Micronesia. The Japanese Empire controlled most of Asia. The Capitol was Manilla.

Florida controlled the Bahamas and most of the Caribbean and was a key ally of the Confederacy and slavery was legal. The Capitol was Miami.

The Indian nation controlled Indian reservations throughout the ten nations and were technically neutral territories where slavery was illegal but tolerated in practice.

Texas controlled Texas, part of Oklahoma, Kansas, the Dakotas, and Canadian provinces and was allied with the confederacy and slavery was legal.

Utah, Montana and Idaho, and NE Nevada were controlled by the Mormon Church theocratic state, and were allied with the Confederacy and slavery was legal.


The raid never happened because there was no record of Sam’s trip to the future, and in fact Sam never went to the future in the altered time line as he had changed the past by visiting the future and returning to the past. Historians were convinced that due to the activities of Sam Adams a prolific inventor and military genius the South won the war, which led to the breaking up of north America into ten new nations.

Your genre is STEAMPUNK
and must include the bolded words: skeleton, wire, marshmallow


And remember to post with a B-ITEM link, and to include a word count for stories (1000 words or less) or a line count for poems (40 lines or less) to be eligible to win.

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288141-Sam-Adams-Changes-the-Past