*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288148-The-Bloody-Bath
by Anna
Rated: ASR · Novella · Death · #2288148
A walk home can turn out as much more...
The water runs calmly out of the tap. It's warm and the soap turns into large bubbles. I tie my hair up and step in. Turning the tap off, my foot hits the bottom. A ripple of water surrounds my foot. I put my hands on the side of the bathtub and sit down. I try to clear my mind. But there's one thing that doesn't manage to escape my mind. The thought of what my next-door neighbor had said to me. I was walking home from school. I had a eerie feeling that someone was watching me. However, I ignored the matter and carried on walking. The rain hit my jacket and the water ran off the split ends of my hair. The walk wasn't very long. I walked up my street that was on a hill. I saw my neighbor walking down from the forest. He's walking with his dog. Oscar. He waits for me. Oscar barks loudly. His lead stretching. I run up the hill. Out of breath, I lean down towards Oscar.
'Hi Stephan.' I say raising and clutching my chest tightly. I breathe through my mouth and the rain hits my hood lightly but it makes a pitter - patter sound.
'Hi Sharon,' He says, a wide grin spreads across his face. 'Almost Halloween, are you excited?'
'I guess.' I say, pulling my hood further over my head.
'You know Sharon, the last people that used to live in your house,' He points at my door. 'They left because they said they saw something, apparently a man used to live in the house, he murdered everyone who lived there, and even after he died, they would still see him dripping with blood a hole in the side of his head. Where the police shot him.He was just a child. Anyone who's ever seen him .Have died. Except those people who used to live in the house. They managed to escape. Just. In. Time.'
'HM.' I spoke.
'You aren't phased by anything are you Sharon?' He speaks, chuckling after.
'I don't know, stories like that are made to scare children.'
'I suppose.' Stephan muttered, wiping his wet forehead.
I ask: 'How's Caroline? Is she feeling any better?'
'Yeah, she's feeling a little better since the injections, thanks for asking.' A smile spreads across his face, this time wider than before. He nods slightly. I had no idea why though.
'I better get inside. You know what my parents are like. They go crazy if I'm late.'
'Okay yeah, see you later Sharon.' He says wiping Oscar down, his ginger fur going onto his hand.
'Bye.' I spoke gently.
'Bye.'
I make my way up my steps and Stephan starts walking off. He crosses the street, and looks both ways getting ready to cross the road. He looks cautiously either side. Left and right and crosses swiftly.
'Oh!' He says. 'Watch out! He'll be after you soon!Hes like Satan in disguise!' He jokes, what look like a smile. From where I was all I could see what a blur. A light white blur. The brightest thing on him was his bright yellow coat and as he goes off into the distance. The only I can see is his coat and the muffled sounds of Oscar barking. I shake my head. Scary stories are for children. I grab my key. Unlock my door. Take off my muddy boats and my coat. I shake it off outside as much as i can. I'm soaking. My little brother, Danny runs up to me.
'You're late.' He laughs. 'Ha.'
'If you bothered to even look outside you'd see I was talking to Stephan.'
'That makes it even worse Sha.' He says, he runs away from me leaving me alone in the corridor. He leaves me with nothing but my thoughts. Then I hear: 'SHARON!'
It's my mother.
'Yeah.'
She stomps out of the living room and towards me. Like an angry bull. She charges towards me. Her face turns red and she points her finger at me.
'What have I told you about talking to that creep! He will do nothing good for you.'
'Mum, he was being nice and he was with Os-'
'Oscar, that dog is just as bad as his owner. He ran up to me and bite me on my leg. A wild dog. If hear you talk to him again. Your grounded!'
'Okay mum sorry.' I say.
'Your soaking!' Mum said patting my down. 'Absolutely soaking!' I can see my brother in the doorway. Smirking. Holding in his laughter. He loves seeing me getting in trouble. Mum never shouts at him because he can do 'nothing wrong' he's a 'little angel' and 'he should be able to look up to me' he was like the devil himself. I chuckled at the very thought. He was just a child.
My mind turns back to reality. I look at my fingers. There going all wrinkly. My nails are soft. Just as I look up. I see a hand print. Of blood on my door. I blinked. It didn't go away. It was dark and dreary. The sun sat behind the clouds. The light in my bathroom was on. Or so I thought. Until it flickered off. It was quite dark. The darkness was a dark grey and the hand print on the door looked darker. I look on the floor. Bloody footsteps. What was going on? Obviously the thought had gotten to my head. I hear a splash in front of me. I look. For a second I thought I saw a child. Eyes were a dark black. 'MUM!' I shout. My hands are covering my eyes. I bury my head in my hands. I kept screaming. She enters. Her voice calm.
'What?'
'Help!' My voice is unsteady.
'With what?'
'That,' I point in front of me. 'And that.' I point at the floor.
'There nothing there Sharon.'
'Yes there is loo-' I peer over my hands. The sun shone in. The bloody hand print and foot print. Was gone.
'Sharon, I knew he'd get to your head. What were you looking for anyway? There's nothing.'
'Blood, did you see BLOOD!'
'Sharon, Stephan has gotten to you head.' She hands me her hand to get out. I stand up and she passes me a towel. I wrap it around my dripping wet shoulders. She leaves. I cannot describe what I saw. It was almost a dream. Nothing but a horrible un-lively dream. I get changed and put my rings back on. But just as I do I see a small hand print on my wrist. Not bigger enough to be mine or my mothers. But small enough to be a small childs. Small enough to be Danny's. A shiver is set down my spine. I am up the whole night thinking of it and I filled in the features. The features came to look like my younger brother. Danny.
© Copyright 2023 Anna (helenarthur1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288148-The-Bloody-Bath