*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288257-About-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #2288257
Welcome to the Shitshow! A.K.A. My Life ;)
*Wand* This is a copy of my response in the lovely, Sunny 's Message Forum "Tell Me About Yourself. I figured that I would put it in my portfolio, as well, so that anyone who comes to visit may read it, and learn a few little tid-bits about me. *Wand*

.
.
.
.
.

So... I was going through my e-mail, trying to find it in me to part with some of them— since my inbox is getting dangerously close to 'full'— when I came across a newsletter that led me to a link with this forum, and all of your questions. So, naturally, I have decided to abandon my original task, and instead, answer your questions with the hopes that I will make some desperately needed friends— thus officially filling my unruly, and untended inbox to its absolute brim. *Rolling* Simply because if there is anything that I am good at in this life, it is lighting a match with my gas stove on, and then being shocked when my house bursts into flames. *Hysterical*

Seriously though, I really am thankful for all of the questions— its really nice to have found a place where so many people actually genuinely care to learn about, and understand what makes you, you. For the past three years now, I have had nobody in my life who has been interested enough in me to ask me anything about myself. Other than periodic messages from family, and the fact that I live with my mom, and go to visit my dad once or twice a month for a day or two on the weekends, ever since I left my lifelong church, and I was kinda-kicked out of the Baptist college I was attending (both are long stories, that I won't explain here because of content warnings— but many of the writings in my portfolio are about the aftermath of those events, and I, myself, am a completely open book and would actually really love to share the stories to anyone who would like to hear them. If you message, I will answer) my phone has been completely barren for nearly 3 long, lonely years.

Since finding WDC in the beginning of October though, I have begun to feel joy again. I feel like I have come back to life. I have a poem in my portfolio called 'I Am the Stranger in My House,' ("I Am the Stranger in My House} and it is about this chronic feeling of homelessness that I have harbored in my soul ever since I was a little girl, despite the fact that I have always been physically housed, but this site— and the people I've already connected with here— have shown me what 'belonging' somewhere truly feels like. If you read through my portfolio, you'll be able to tell that I've been through a lot, but to get to here, it has all been worth it.

OKAY. I guess I should ACTUALLY answer some questions, at some point *Rolling*— so, here goes:

- I am 25 years old.

- I mainly write poetry, and it is all based on my experiences. Transparency about my struggles, my life, and my story are important to me— I don't sugarcoat, make excuses, or skirt around the issues at hand. I have spent too long apologizing for my existence— if those I write about are angry with me for sharing about the roles they played in my story, then they should've treated me better in the first place, rather than betting on my silence.
However, if I am the one who was in the wrong, I do have the tendency to beat myself up for eternity about it, and I will apologize every chance I get.

- I have a younger sister who is 22, and a 'bonus' sister who is 14, and I will go to the ends of the Earth to protect them.

- I have had 5 surgeries, and countless serious hospital stays within the past eight years— all of them are long stories, and most are near-death experiences. (If you're interested in hearing about some of these, message me and I'll tell you them LOL. My favorite thing to do in the whole world is swapping stories with strangers that become friends— of all ages, and all backgrounds!)

- I was a Psychology and Social Work Major and Minor in College, but I didn't get to finish my Bachelor's— although I have completed, and received my Associate's Degree— and I am now trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces of all of the plans I made, the work I put in, and all of my dreams and passions I have been growing and building on, ever since I made up my mind to pursue Counseling and Victims Advocacy in the 7th grade.

- I have been writing since the third grade, but I never shared any of my works with anyone else until just a few years ago. I never considered writing as a possible career option because of how low my self-worth, and self-confidence has always been, but since finding WDC, I have begun to dream about a future where I will make a career out of Advocating for Victims through my writings and poetry.

- Lastly, I am somebody who firmly believes that 'people need other people.' I value connection, and I always try my hardest to see and hear individuals for who they are and what they are really trying to say. My username is 'DestinyAwaitsDarling' because my dad gave me a keychain when I was little that I have always kept that says, 'Destined for Greatness,' and I truly believe that every single person has greatness in them, and waiting for them, as long as they do not succumb to the darkness. Hence my username: DestinyAwaitsDarling.

I am so glad each and every one of you exist. YOU matter. YOU are destined for greatness. If you read all of this, THANK YOU. THANK YOU so much for CARING. *HeartV* It matters to me more than you will ever know.
© Copyright 2023 DestinyAwaitsDarling (bmorgan686 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288257-About-Me