*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288336-Sam-Adams-Develops-Synesthesia
Rated: E · Fiction · Parenting · #2288336
Synesthesia

Sam Adam’s Special Powers Synesthesia Writing com


283


Sam Adams one day woke up and found that he had developed unusual powers, super powers almost. He had a super hearing, he could read minds, and he could communicate with animals. But the weirdest of all was he had synesthesia -he saw colors when he heard things and smelled things as well when he heard things. He saw the emotions in the word spoken to him as colors and he saw the emotions of others as colors.

Thinking that someone had slipped him some LSD at the mad party he had gone to the other day, he kept his superpowers to himself. But finally, he could not hide it anymore and told his parents, Conservative Christian fundamentalists about his powers.

They as he had feared freaked out and told him that his powers were the result of demonic possession and they went to their minister who interviewed Sam. The minister was a lustful evil man and Sam saw the lust in his eyes as bright red colors.

Sam went to his friend’s house and demonstrated his abilities to them. They got him to see a doctor. The doctor confirmed that he was suffering from a rare form of mental illness synesthesia. The doctor also told him that he needed to report it to the government and called the Agency.

The agency took him away for questioning. He was detained in an undisclosed location and tested and questioned for days. Finally, the agency made him an offer of employment as a special CIA agent and Sam went to work for the agency which was filled with black and gray shadows as they all lied and Sam was able to penetrate through their lies.



Congratulations! You win 10,000 GPs!

NEW PROMPT:

Write about someone who has synesthesia. Use PARENTING as one of your genres.

From WebMD: Synesthesia is when you hear music, but you see shapes. Or you hear a word or a name and instantly see a color. Synesthesia is a fancy name for when you experience one of your senses through another. For example, you might hear the name "Alex" and see green.

NEW PROMPT DUE in 18 hours 54 minutes 48 seconds
(11:59 am on Wednesday, January 11)

New to the Cramp? Check out "How to Enter the Writer's Cramp" for information about how to enter.

Make sure you include your word count for stories (1000 words or less) or a line count for poems (40 lines or less) in your forum post with the b-item link to your entry to be a qualified entry.

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288336-Sam-Adams-Develops-Synesthesia