*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288504-I-Walk-With-God
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #2288504
Making connection with God is easy when done often. Meditation can be cleansing and good.
I Walk With God

Sometimes, I look around and wonder where I am and how I got there.

No, I am not senile or have dementia, nor do I have Alzheimer’s disease.

My meditation is frequently so intense I lose myself in the moment as I talk with God.

I tell God about me, my life, my struggles, my desires, my family, my friends, and so much more.

He always has time to listen and never rushes me along. He listens intensely as if every word matters.

I talk so much about what is going on and how what is going on impacts me, my life, and my thoughts.

No matter the day, time, or hour, he listens and never gets weary of my chatter.

During those intense times, I find that time slips away, and I stay with God longer than I’d planned.

No, there are no footprints in the sand to ground me, just me and God, my old friend.

Talking with God is like a stroll through the park with someone you’ve known forever.

Sometimes we hold hands, but most times, we just walk. I talk. He listens.

Our walk is sometimes very long, but never tiring and always exhilarating.

God seems to want to have that walk or stroll every day and seems always to be ready to walk with me.

When I empty my soul and run out of words, the silence does not seem to bother Him.

At those very silent times, I know I am walking with God and He with me.

I get lost in those silences and frequently hate leaving His presence, but I know He will always be there when I return.

No, I do not have dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or senility. I just get carried away while walking with God and lose all track of time.

We take daily strolls, sometimes several times a day, and never enough.

Yes, I often walk with God!


© Copyright 2023 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288504-I-Walk-With-God