*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288910-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Experience · #2288910
A letter to myself to remind me of 2023 goals
Dear me,




Today is your son’s thirtieth birthday. Do you recall the love and joy that came with being pregnant and bringing home such a beautiful blessing? Yes indeed, they were wonderful years. You always loved being pregnant and becoming a mom. In fact, giving birth was the highlight of your life and made you forget the troubles you faced before you were married. Becoming a parent changed you and forced you to grow up. Memories were made that cannot never be forgotten and can still be felt.
I am however, writing to remind you of something you clearly have forgotten about. You. Dreams and aspirations once had you behind the wheel of life. Now I know, you had to make sacrifices. I understand that you suddenly had become solely responsible for a child after your marriage failed and could not afford a minute for yourself. Writing has always been a need that you had to place in the closets for a later time. You had to get into those jobs to survive. You made the very best of those jobs and have brought them all to the furthest extent you could.
Freedom to pursue your hopes and dreams have belonged to you and have been in your grasp for far too long. Problems have escalated and built walls taller than you. Life has beaten you down repeatedly. It is time to shake it off and stand yourself up as a writer. It is all you have ever wanted in this world. This letter is to let you know that we are in a new year. A new beginning and new start for you. I need you to spend the year of 2023 in complete writing mode. You will need to take on this assignment stating immediately.
The assignment is to write. You cannot be a writer unless you write. I am going to need you to discover your niche this year and do so researching without mercy. You will need to report to your journal all day. Not just once a day or at night. You will have the journal with you all day and night and you will write everything you see and do. Quote the words you hear and state facts you learn. Name the people you meet and how you feel. Write down all ideas and what you want. Write in your laptop from prompts and enter contests on writing.com. Write. For the love of yourself, write. The only other thing you can do is read. Reading helps you learn different styles and ideas. Reading creates new thoughts. Give up the Netflix, and adult coloring books. Don’t worry about the mess at home. Write on.
You are very creative, and I need to see the light that I know is inside. Let it shine on the world now as time will not wait for you. No one is going to come and guide you through these dreams. You must get behind the keyboards and tap away. Pick up a pen and jot, jot, and jot some more.

P.S. I will look forward to seeing you in writing.

Love always,
Myself
© Copyright 2023 LorettaL (lorettal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288910-Dear-Me