*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289272-The-Worlds-Most-Expensive-Houses
Rated: E · Article · Research · #2289272
Real World
12 of the World's Most Expensive Houses
The World's Most Expensive Homes
The 12 world's most extravagant homes, including some of the most stunning ones, are listed here.
1. Mumbai, India, Antilia
The Antilia of Mukesh Ambani is the most expensive house in the world and, after Buckingham Palace, is estimated to be worth almost $2 billion. Antilia, which was designed by Perkins and Will and is named after the mythical island in the Atlantic, has been shrouded in controversy and ridicule since its opening. This 27-story home took four years to build and cost $1 billion. It has six levels of basement parking, three helipads, a movie theater, swimming pools, a health spa, a salon, a yoga studio, and an ice cream shop. Maintaining this home's 400,000 square feet requires a large staff of 600 people.
2. Villa Leopolda, Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
The 20-acre detached Villa La Leopolda is located in the Alpes-Maritimes on the picturesque French Riviera. The head of Fiat, Gianni, and style icon Marella Agnelli are among the notable owners of this villa with its stunning terrace that cascades. Previously owned by Belgian King Leopold II, the estate is now owned by Brazilian billionaire Lily Safra. France has protected this terraced villa from demolition as a monument historique because of its historical architectural character.
3. Fair Field, Sagaponack, New York

This enormous beachfront mansion with a 63-acre estate is one of the largest in the United States and is owned by American billionaire investor Ira Rennert. The house is called Fair Field after the pond that is nearby, and it is 64,000 square feet in size. ft., which has a 164-seat theater, 39 bathrooms, three dining rooms, three swimming pools, and 29 bedrooms. This house is like a club for sports and recreation, with a gym, basketball court, bowling alleys, two tennis courts, two squash courts, and other indoor activities. The estate comes with its very own on-site power plant to power those facilities, and its face value is a whopping $170 million.


4. 18-19 Kensington Palace Gardens, London, United Kingdom
Kensington Palace Gardens is home to some of the world's most expensive properties. It also has wealthy residents, like this one owned by steel baron Lakshmi Mittal. Lakshmi Mittal owns three homes in Kensington Palace Gardens, the second-most expensive street in the world. This 55,000 square ft. The mansion, which is called "Taj Mittal," has marble from the same quarry where the Taj Mahal was made. This residence is unquestionably one of the most prominent on Billionaire's Row due to its 12 bedrooms, swimming pool, winter gardens, and interior design in the Renaissance style.
5. California, USA, Fleur De Lys, LA
The Fleur De Lys is one of the most expensive properties in Los Angeles and was sold for more than $100 million. The 41,000-square-foot palace is modeled after the French palace at Versailles. It was built on 5 acres of prime land. The mansion, like the French palace, is surrounded by designer gardens, 10 staff quarters, a tennis court, a spa, and a 9-car garage. This mansion has 12 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, gold leaf moldings inside, a ballroom, and a 50-seat screening room. It also has all the palatial amenities, like a pool house that works all the time.
6. Seattle, Washington, USA, Xanadu 2.0
Obviously, the richest man in the world will have one of the world's most extravagant homes, and Bill Gates has spent a lot of money on this simple but intricately constructed and equipped mansion. The 66,000 square foot Xanadu 2.0 has a view of Lake Washington. ft. and was built over seven years ago. The mansion of a tech giant undoubtedly includes a cutting-edge smart home system and a sensory system that can change the atmosphere of a room based on the mood and time of day. A 2.500-square-foot gym and a swimming pool with an underwater music system round out the list of amenities. ft. in terms of floor area, a grand library, six kitchens, 24 bathrooms, and an extended guest house.
7. Los Altos Hills, California, Silicon Valley Mansion
The mansion that Russian businessman and investor Yuri Milner built in California is worth approximately $100 million and is perched atop a hill on an 18-acre estate. This mansion, designed to look like a French chateau from the 18th century, has three formal entrances that surround a courtyard at the center. In the north wing of the mansion, there is a ballroom, a formal dining room, a wine cellar, a home theater, a spa, and a gym. On the Southside, there are luxury residential suites and rooms over 25,000 square feet. The San Francisco Bay can also be seen from this mansion's windows.
8. The Residence of Manalapan, US
This exclusive beachfront property, which was once the second most expensive home in the United States at $135 million, demonstrates its value. The Manalapan Residence is located on an island between Palm Beach and Delray Beach in the United States and occupies 5.5 acres of land with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. On its 63,000 square feet, some of the many amenities ft. area has 12 bedrooms, including a 7-bedroom guest house, 47 bathrooms, an 18-car garage, and 6,140 square feet. ft. master bedroom suite, a pool room with an indoor and outdoor pool, exotic gardens with beautiful fountains, a theater, casino, bowling alley, tennis court, gym, beauty salon, shark tank, and two elevators to get around the three stories. Clearly, the mansion's tasteful and classical architecture and its status as a 20th-century style icon--it was featured in books and movies for its grandeur--are not overshadowed by this lengthy list of glamorous amenities.
9. Florida, USA, Versailles
This enormous mansion, which gets its name from the French Palace of Versailles, is worth $75 million and needs $25 million more in renovations before it can be sold. The mansion has 30 bedrooms, 23 bathrooms, a bowling alley, full-size swimming pools, a roller-skating rink, a 20-car garage, a large boat house, formal gardens, a ballroom, a theater, and a number of other activities. It also has a roller-skating rink. It is the largest family home ever built in the United States because of its extensive list of amenities and grand architecture and interior. In addition to the handcrafted windows, which cost more than 2 million, there are three separate spas and a children's theater next to an 80-foot waterfall. The cost of this mansion seems to be justified by the extensive list of luxuries it offers.
10. London, England, One Hyde Park
The richest man in Ukraine, Rinat Akhmetov, bought two apartments in the UK's most expensive apartment complex for a record-breaking 136.4 million. with a 25,000 square foot area ft., Per square foot, the oligarch spent 5,456. The interiors of each apartment at One Hyde Park were designed by the well-known duo Nick and Christian Candy. They also come with customized smart lighting, personal wine cellars, and a permanent residence in the Mandarin Oriental hotel next door.


11. California's Ellison Estate is in Woodside.
Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle and the fifth richest man in the world, spent nearly nine years designing and building this enormous home and estate. In 2004, Ellison, who is well-known as a property collector, designed this estate in the Japanese style, drawing inspiration from a palace built in Japan in the 1600s CE. Three cottages, a gymnasium, two gardens, a tea house, a bathhouse, a man-made lake, a bathhouse, and a koi pond are among the estate's ten buildings.
12. London, England, 16 Kensington Palace Gardens
Roman Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea Football Club and a Russian business tycoon, is the owner of 16 Kensington Palace Gardens, another property on Billionaire's Row. The mansion lacked luxuries for a price of 35 million pounds, which was disappointing. As a result, Roman expanded it underground by adding a tennis court, a health center, a subterranean swimming pool, and other amenities, bringing the total floor area to 20,000 square feet. ft.

© Copyright 2023 Kashif Online (kashif786 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289272-The-Worlds-Most-Expensive-Houses