*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289386-I-can-see-the-future
Rated: E · Short Story · Hobby/Craft · #2289386
A 282 words long flash fiction about the importance of not giving up
The guitar in the man's hands produced sounds like Louis had never heard before.
The man seemed to be one with his guitar, playing sometimes fast and sometimes slow, sometimes a shanty and sometimes a nursery rhyme, but always harmonious and beautiful.

Louis had been learning for years, but had never heard such a perfect piece, let alone played it.
He wanted to be able to do it and to learn the secret of ambition from this man.

Louis gathered all his courage and addressed the man when he paused between two pieces. "You can play splendidly, so I can just smell the fragrance of the music. Can you give me a hint? I want to be that good, too."

"I can see the future."

"What? You can't see the future!" Louis shook his head.

"If you really loved something, would you be willing to do it every day, for the rest of your life? If not, you don't really love it. Or you're not aware of the fun of playing the guitar." The man paused. "And if you're ready, then do it. Play every single day. Even on Christmas, and even on your birthday. Play."

"What does that have to do with seeing the future?" asked Louis.

"If you're sure you're going to play guitar every day, you know what you're going to be doing 100 days from now, 365 days from now, 1000 days from now, if you're still alive, right?"

Louis was surprised by the logic behind the words "I can see the future."

The man said a few more words about Louis having to stay tuned. Then they said goodbye.

And Louis went home to play the guitar.
© Copyright 2023 Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog (idaschreibt357 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289386-I-can-see-the-future