*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290208-Lance-Decker-Rock-CLHD
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2290208
Lance has the worst nightmare of his childhood.
Lance Decker Rock-Crouching Lance Hateful Dragon


....
Mrs. Grins Music Class 9 AM
Mrs. Grin tapped her desk with a stick and called upon Tyrone Smith to sing.
Tyrone stood up in front of the class and sang "go tell Aunt Rhody, go tell Aunt Rhody, her man is cheating on her."
The class laughed but Mrs. Grin was not having it and she sent Tyrone to the principal's office.
Next Mrs. Grin called "Lance Decker Rock" and Lance yelled "my stomach is in pain Mrs. Grin. I've never felt pain like this in my life."
Mrs. Grin sent Lance to the nurse's office.
The nurse took his temperature and he had a slight fever and as much pain as he was in the nurse suspected appendicitis."
Kevin Decker Rock and Tina Lizzy Rock were both notified by phone that their seven year old son was being transported by ambulance to Pittsburg Pediatric Hospital.
SCOTLAND 1570
Lance just finished using the bathhouse that the orphans were using at 8AM. He put on his kilt and a wool sweater then marched back to the orphanage.
He approached the orphanage master bedroom and knocked on the door.
He heard a latch unlock and a little old lady opened the door.
"Lance my dear come in" she said.
Lance replied, "thank you my dear house governess" and he entered.
The house governess informed him he had been adopted and even showed him the paperwork.
"At high noon a knight shall arrive and claim you as his son forevermore."
Lance walked across the cobblestone street and all the children cheered him on.
HIGH NOON
The bright sun was beautiful. A knight rode up to the orphanage and Lance got in the carriage with him. He waved goodbye to other fellow orphans and said loudly "what a glorious day it is. I have been adopted and how the bright sun shines upon us."
One of the orphans approached and said "the beautiful sun is bright but at night beware of the dragon's curse."
Lance's father the knight pledged "tonight I will slay the evil dragon thus the town shall be free forever more."
After that he signaled the horses to go forth.
Lance was impressed and the orphanage children cheered loudly.
DUSK COMES
ABOVE IN THE SKY THE MOON SHINES BRIGHT AS DO THE STARS
Lance is informed by three gentlemen that his father has been paid a lump sum by the King of Scotland to slay the dragon.
Lance and his father the knight are both escorted to the castle.
Lance watched his adoptive father run up the stairs of a stone wall and a window shaped opening with no glass is where he stopped to look out.
Soon flames came bursting through that opening and his adoptive father screamed. The flames were nothing like in a cartoon, they were bright yellow and vivid.
Lance watched the man who adopted him melt into blackness. Lance even saw his internal organs incinerate into nothing.
Lance screamed out loud and ran from the castle.
It wasn't long before the wicked dragon flew toward Lance and landed right in front of him.
Lance yelled out "why are you killing people? Why do you hate my community?"
The dragon answered "I was a boy like you once. However, I was an outcast. Black magic was used to turn me into a dragon. I was bullied and now I seek vengeance against all of Scotland. I am going to eat you."
Lance screamed then woke up and saw grownups he didn't recognize.
He stared silently for a moment then asked, "where am I?"
A man in blue with a surgeon's mask on said "I'm Doctor Card and I was your emergency surgeon. I took out your appendix."
Tina appeared in Lance's view and said "Lance you're awake. Oh, you had surgery."
Lance said "surgery" and looked shocked.
Tina told him "Your father is downstairs getting food. It's 5:30 in the afternoon."
Lance yelled "5:30 in the afternoon!"
Tina said "shh" and explained to him that he had a bad stomachache this morning and the school nurse called an ambulance to bring him to the hospital.
Soon Lance was wheeled into his room and shortly after he saw both his parents.
As both his parents stood over him, he said "while I was out during surgery, I had a horrible dream."
Kevin said, "oh no you had a bad dream?"
"Yes" the youngster replied and he went on "I was an orphan in Scotland and I was adopted by a knight. All the other orphans cheered me on. However, when nightfall came he had to fight the dragon."
"A dragon" Kevin said with excitement.
"A dragon" Lance shouted back then continued "anyhow the year was 1570 and as I said I was adopted by a knight. The knight was paid by the King of Scotland to slay the dragon but at night he did not slay the dragon. He ran up the stairs of the castle wall. There was an opening window but with no glass. The dragon stuck his head through that tall rectangle opening and he blew fire. The fire was so real and it burned up the knight. The knight who adopted me screamed loud and the fire was so real."
Kevin shouted, "oh my God."
Lance continued "the fire burnt his flesh and melted him. It burnt his liver, and I saw his kidneys melt and there was nothing left of him."
"Okay Lance" interrupted Tina and Lance stopped as Tina put her arms around him.
Kevin stated, "it's clear you had quite a nightmare."
Lance replied back "after the dragon killed the knight who adopted me he chased me out of the castle. I asked the dragon why he was killing people. He said he was a human boy who had a curse put on him and that turned him into the dragon. Right before he could eat me the nightmare ended."
Tina exhaled with relief and said "well it was just a bad dream and it's all over."
30 seconds later.
"Lance have you been watching violent R-rated movies behind our backs?"
"No" Lance responded.
That night Lance slept well as did his mother. Kevin went home and went to sleep. Tina took a week off for medical leave for her son Lance's hospital stay.
The next morning Tina showed Lance a plastic Ziplock bag with a toothbrush and toothpaste. He brushed his teeth and was even able to take a shower in the bathroom. When he came out, he got in bed and the nurse checked his vitals. After that breakfast was brought to him.
Tina asked, "do you feel like eating Lance?"
Lance answered "of course I feel like eating. I'm starving because they cut my belly open."
He spent a half hour eating then washed up in the bathroom.
After washing up he got back in bed and asked his mom "why did I have appendicitis?"
Tina explained to her son that it can happen to anyone anywhere at any time. She explained that adults and children get it just like that and he did nothing wrong or bad to deserve it.
Lance asked, "when can I go home" and Tina answered "in a day or two."
Soon after that Tina suggested Lance do some studying and Lance complained "I don't want to do school work."
As a result Tina made another suggestion that Lance sing a song.
Lance began singing "Lucy Lockett went to school with a gun in her pocket then she blew her math teacher away. When the police came Lucy didn't act tough and they hauled her away in handcuffs."
Tina scolded Lance "don't sing that in school you'll get in very big trouble."
Lance turned to face his mother with an angry look and he said "here's another song."
Then he sang "Old MacDonald had a farm. E-I-E-I-OH. On this farm his wife shot him in the ass. E-I-E-I-OH. With buckshot here and a divorce settlement there" that's when Tina cut him off by yelling "Lance Decker Rock!"
After she screamed her son's name a nurse came in to check on them and asked what the problem was.
Tina said, "my son said a cuss word."
The nurse nodded and left.
Right after the nurse left Lance said, "let's watch television."
Tina turned on the local news.
"I'm Jerry Glenn at your local Pittsburg News Station. Yesterday morning at 6AM Police Officer Donald Salesbury was shot and killed. The suspect in custody has confessed. A memorial service will be held for Officer Salesbury this Sunday at Second Faith Church."
When Lance sees a photo of the murdered police officer he yells out "that's the man who was the knight in my dream. He looks exactly like him."
Tina shut off the television and said, "my goodness Lance you had a tragic premonition."
After a five-hour nap Lance woke up. The nurse helped him clean up and then drew blood. He was told his mother would be back soon.
He got in his bed and waited for her. When she got back, she said "Lance I got you Burger King."
"Excellent" Lance chimed and after he finished eating he washed up.
When he was finished washing up he left the bathroom and got back in bed and his mother went to use the bathroom.
While she was in the bathroom, he took her IPHONE out of her purse and looked at the phone number on the Burger King Receipt.
He clicked on the phone icon and then clicked keypad.
He punched in the number and when someone picked up the phone they said "Burger King on East Carson Street."
"Is this the manager" Lance asked and he got a "yes" answer from the man.
Lance went on to say "I'm a very unhappy customer. Your grandma puked all over my whopper and fries."
The manager hung up the phone immediately. Lance quickly deleted the number then called David O'Connor in Houston.
When David answered he said "hello Aunt Tina."
"Wrong it's Lance and I'm sure you saw my recent picture on her Facebook page so you know I'm in the hospital."
David said "Lance" in a voice of happy excitement.
Lance asked "I wish I was there hanging out with you. Instead, I was taken by an ambulance from school to the hospital. Getting time off from school isn't fun because you have to make it up. I've been out of school since the morning I was brought to the hospital and I'll be out the entire week."
"Lance it's not your fault you had to get your appendices out."
Lance asked, "what have you been doing lately?"
David answered "well I almost got suspended from school for fighting."
Lance said "okay well as long as you didn't start the fight it's okay."
Suddenly the bathroom door opens and Lance says "I got to go David my mom is here now."
Lance hangs up and says "here's your phone mom."
When Tina asked her seven year old son what he was doing with her phone she said "I was talking to my cousin David way down south in Houston TX."
Tina took back her phone and put it in her purse.
Five minutes later Karen Colbert and Mark Ludwig came in.
Tina said, "look Lance it's your two babysitters Mark and Karen."
Karen told Lance her grandma made cookies because we found out you had surgery.
Lance smiles with excitement.
Mark asked, "how are you doing champ?"
Lance explained "I'm doing okay but I had a nightmare during surgery."
Mark asked what the nightmare was about and Lance explained "I was in Scotland and it was the 1500's and I was an orphan adopted by knight. However, the knight who adopted me had to go slay a dragon under the moonlight."
Mark said "cool" and Lance said "no it wasn't cool because the dragon slayed him. The dragon blew out a ton of fire and the knight who adopted me was incinerated. I saw all his skin melt along with his intestines, his liver, and his kidneys and he screamed because the fire was so real like yellow flames of campfire."
Tina cut off her seven year old son "Lance that's enough there's no need to be that graphic."
Mark said, "eat a cookie and you'll feel better."
Lance took the lid off the cookies and bit into one. Then he spit it out and said, "yuck these cookies are salty and not sweet."
Karen slapped her forehead and said "oh no well that's my grandma. I'm so sorry but my grandma was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and that's what led to the cookies being salty. She used salt instead of sugar."
Lance snapped "these cookies suck Karen."
Tina yelled "Lance do you want a spanking?"
Lance yelled back "no!"
Karen said "oh my god you all I'm so sorry my grandma will be going into a home soon. She's already seeing a doctor who's a specialist. Lance I'm sorry little bro but these cookies are ruined."
Tina said, "I'm sorry to hear your grandma has Alzheimer's."
10 minutes later Mark and Karen left because they said they had to get going on homework.
Tina told Lance "tomorrow is your last day and they plan to let you go home in the afternoon."
"Goodie" Lance shouted and then he asked "mom what's Alzheimer's?"
Tina explained that Alzheimer's is a condition that very old people get that causes them to forget things.
Lance said "Alzheimer's sound like bugs. Termites, fleas, and Alzheimer's. So are bugs eating her brain cells and that caused the old lady to mess up that batch of cookies?"
Tina replied "oh my god no Lance they're not bugs it's a condition and it's not her fault. Karen's grandma went to the doctor and the doctor discovered that she has Alzheimer's. Anyhow I just remembered I got a text from your father and he says you'll be getting a present because you got through surgery like a big brave boy. I'll bet he'll get you a nice new baseball bat and then he can pitch you a few balls how about that!"
Lance replied "well that sounds like fun but I think the doctor Karen's grandma should get a baseball bat so he can knock the Alzheimer's out of her brain so she won't mess up another batch of cookies."
Tina yelled "ohhhh" and began literally shaking before yelling out loud "LANCE DECKER ROCK!"
This led Lance to yell and he began crying and he repeatedly insisted "I want to go home."
The nurse came in and Tina explained to the nurse "I'm sorry it's been a very rough week" and she hugged Lance and said "oh I'm sorry baby I was just in shock over what you said."
The nurse gave Lance a hug too.
THE END


© Copyright 2023 mattdeath (mcv3909 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290208-Lance-Decker-Rock-CLHD