*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290357-Dream-Recorder-Invented
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Cultural · #2290357
Dream Recorder Invented for Writer;s Cramp

         Maria Lee is a scientist at CAL and invents a dream recorder. It records dreams into a video and audio file that can be edited and shared in the metaverse as well. The device works as a wearable implant. You turn it on, and it records your dreams as you dream them. It also records your thoughts during the day and short-term memories. All of which can be retrieved from the device. and one can also enter the dream world and experience the dream as the dreamer dreamt it. The device uses a disposable data stick that records 48 hours of activity, set to memories or dreams. The device is a huge hit and there are soon dream channels on YouTube, Facebook, and elsewhere where people can upload dreams and vote for their favorite dreams. Many writers use the site for inspiration. Dreams are copyrightable, but one can waive the copyright to facilitate sharing.

         One feature of the device is that you can share it via the internet and VR meta devices, and enter other people’s dreams, sharing their dreams and fantasies. The use of the device becomes very addictive, and there are underground clubs where you use the device in the meta space while consuming drugs and drinking to enhance your dream experience.

         An x-rated version appears that allows users to enter the minds of other users and engage in virtual sex with them. The most popular format is gender-bending porn where men can enter the mind of a female and experience sex as a woman and a woman can experience sex as a man. The odd thing about it was mostly men wanted to have sex as a woman and not the other way around.

         The memory implant can be used in a court of law. And the memory implant can be used to erase traumatic memories including erasing memories of ex-husbands or wives which becomes a very common thing that occurs after a divorce with both parties agreeing to remove their respective memories of each other.

NEW PROMPT: Tomorrow, February 11, is International Day of Women and Girls in Science. Write a story or poem about a female scientist whose contributions change the world.

© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290357-Dream-Recorder-Invented