*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290413-The-Angel-Number-Psychosis
Rated: E · Essay · Psychology · #2290413
A simple glimpse into "meaning"
Intro
Angel numbers are sequences of numbers that are believed to have spiritual significance and are thought to deliver messages from angels to individuals who are seeing them. People often associate angel numbers with the belief that angels are communicating with them through the repeated appearance of specific numbers, such as 111, 222, 333, and so on. The meaning and interpretation of angel numbers can vary, but they are typically associated with positive messages related to growth, guidance, and encouragement.
A coincidence is a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection. In other words, a coincidence is when two or more seemingly unrelated events happen simultaneously or in a similar way, leading people to believe that they may be related in some way, even though there is no apparent cause-and-effect relationship. Coincidences are often considered to be unexpected or unlikely events that happen by chance.

The Brain
Recognizing relationships between events is a complex process involving several brain regions working together. The medial temporal lobe, specifically the hippocampus, is known to play a crucial role in forming and retrieving memories of events and their relationships. The neocortex, particularly the prefrontal cortex, is involved in the more complex processing of relationships between events, such as making connections and drawing conclusions based on past experiences and knowledge.

The amygdala, a small almond-shaped structure located in the temporal lobe, is involved in processing emotional information and is believed to play a role in detecting and evaluating the significance of events and their relationships.

Overall, the ability to recognize relationships between events is a result of the brain's ability to process and store information about experiences, and the capacity to integrate this information with other sensory input, emotions, and previous knowledge to form a coherent understanding of the world.

Religion
An angel is a supernatural being in various religions and cultures, often depicted as a celestial creature with wings, a halo, and/or other divine attributes. In Abrahamic religions such as Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, angels are believed to be messengers of God and serve as intermediaries between God and humanity. They are often described as powerful and benevolent beings that assist and protect individuals, communities, and nations. In other cultures, angels may have different names, characteristics, and roles, but generally share a similar concept of supernatural beings with divine attributes. The exact nature and interpretation of angels can vary greatly across different beliefs and traditions.
Angels are a concept that is present in several religions and belief systems, including:

Abrahamic religions: Angels are a central part of the beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In these traditions, angels are seen as God's messengers and intermediaries, performing various tasks such as communicating messages, offering protection, and executing God's will.

Zoroastrianism: Angels play a significant role in this ancient Persian religion, with many divine beings serving as intermediaries between humans and the ultimate divine power.

Gnosticism: In some Gnostic beliefs, angels are seen as divine beings who assist in the process of spiritual enlightenment and bring knowledge to humanity.

Kabbalah: This esoteric tradition within Judaism places great emphasis on the study of angels and the spiritual hierarchy they inhabit.

Other beliefs: Angels are also found in other spiritual beliefs and practices, such as Theosophy, New Age spirituality, and various pagan and mystical traditions.

Probability
Probability is a mathematical concept that measures the likelihood of a certain event occurring. It is expressed as a number between 0 and 1, with 0 indicating that an event is impossible and 1 indicating that an event is certain to occur. A probability of 0.5, for example, indicates that an event has an equal chance of occurring or not occurring.

Probabilities can be calculated based on the number of outcomes in a sample space, and the number of favorable outcomes. The sample space is the set of all possible outcomes for an event, and the favorable outcomes are the outcomes we are interested in. For example, if you flip a coin, the sample space is heads and tails, and the favorable outcome is heads. If you roll a die, the sample space is the numbers 1 through 6, and the favorable outcome could be rolling a 4.

Probability theory is used in many fields, including statistics, finance, and physics, to model and analyze uncertain events and make predictions based on data.

Frequentist Interpretation of Probability
The frequentist interpretation of probability is a way of thinking about probability that is based on the idea of relative frequencies or long-run proportions. In frequentist statistics, probabilities are treated as objective quantities that describe the long-run behavior of random events.

According to the frequentist interpretation, the probability of an event is equal to the limit of the relative frequency of that event in a large number of independent and identically distributed trials. For example, the probability of getting heads when flipping a fair coin is defined as the limit of the proportion of heads obtained in a large number of coin flips.

In frequentist statistics, probabilities are not assigned to individual events, but rather to classes of events or hypotheses. For example, a frequentist would assign a probability to the hypothesis that a coin is fair, based on the observed frequency of heads and tails in a large number of coin flips.

The frequentist interpretation of probability has a number of advantages, including its simplicity and ease of use. It is also the foundation of many of the classical statistical methods that are widely used in scientific research and other fields.

However, it is worth noting that the frequentist interpretation of probability also has its limitations, such as its difficulty in handling subjective prior beliefs and its inability to provide a measure of uncertainty for individual events. These limitations have led to the development of alternative interpretations of probability, such as the Bayesian interpretation.


Apophenia
In psychology, the phenomenon of seeing repeated signs or patterns is known as apophenia. Apophenia refers to the tendency to perceive meaningful patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. This can take many forms, such as seeing faces in clouds, hearing messages in random noise, or finding meaningful relationships in numbers or data.

There are a number of factors that contribute to apophenia, including the human brain's tendency to seek out patterns and relationships in the environment. This is an evolutionarily adaptive trait that has helped humans survive by allowing them to make predictions about their environment and respond to potential threats. However, in some cases, this tendency to find patterns can lead to false conclusions and interpretations.

Another factor that can contribute to apophenia is stress or anxiety, as people may be more likely to perceive patterns as a way of trying to make sense of or control their environment. Additionally, people with certain mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia or obsessive-compulsive disorder, may experience apophenia as a symptom.

Overall, while seeing repeated signs can be a fascinating and intriguing experience, it is important to consider the context and evidence before making any conclusions or interpretations.

Frequentist Apophenia?
It is unlikely that apophenia is directly caused by using frequentist probability. Frequentist probability is a mathematical framework that deals with the long-term behavior of random events and are based on the concept of repeated trials and the relative frequency of events.

However, frequentist probability can sometimes be misused or misinterpreted, and in those cases, it may contribute to apophenia. For example, if someone uses frequentist probability to make predictions about a specific event based on past data but does not consider other factors that could influence the outcome, they may be more likely to see patterns where none exist. Additionally, if someone focuses too much on the outcome of a single trial or experiment and ignores the context and variability of the data, they may be more likely to perceive patterns that are not actually there.

In general, while frequentist probability can provide useful information about the behavior of random events, it is important to consider it in the proper context and to use it in combination with other methods and tools to make informed decisions.
© Copyright 2023 bloodlogos (bloodlogic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290413-The-Angel-Number-Psychosis