*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291859-The-Dream-and-The-Rain
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #2291859
Meets a brother she never knew had left her with a lot of questions and emotions.
I was 15 years old when I had a dream. I found myself in a place I had heard about but had never been to. I was looking around when a guy stopped in front of me and asked for my name. I answered, "Kimberly." He then asked, "Kimberly what?" and I replied, "Bien-Aime, Kimberly Bien-Aime." He was surprised and immediately asked for my father's name. I answered, "Jeanty." He then asked, "And your mom's name is Rose-Manie, right?" I was surprised and asked, "How do you know my mother's name? He said, "Kimberly, My father's name was Jeanty Bien-Aime, and my mother's was Rose-Manie Dorvil." he continued with a serious look on his face, his eyes never leaving my own, "Kimberly, you're my little sister."

I couldn't find any words... He took me to his car and drove me to an amazing house. Everything was so beautiful, this guy is rich and he is my brother. For the first time since my mother's death, I felt happy. He introduced me to his friends and told everyone that I was his sister. It was a party, and everyone was happy. I was happy. Then I woke up.

"Waking up" wasn't something I had planned. But you know the 'Law of Dreaming. I wished I could stay... "Get up young woman you have work to do" Yes ma'am...

I spent the whole day thinking about the dream and wondering if I had a brother somewhere. I had no one to ask because I was alone. I didn't have any real family. My mother died when I was 9, and I assumed my father was also dead because I didn't know what to say when people asked about him. The dream was torturing my brain the whole day, asking questions that I couldn't answer.

It was night again, about 8:30 PM, and I lay outside the house alone, looking at the sky full of stars. It was so beautiful, and I kept thinking. Then I asked foolishly, "Will I live that dream that I had? Will I meet a brother?" Then I stayed focused on the sky again and asked, "Will I live this dream in real life ?", give me a sign." Then I saw a star falling, and I laughed, but I didn't trust that theory or I didn't trust myself. So, I said, "Make it rain right now if you want to give me a real sign." And one, two, three, four seconds elapsed, and it rained. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I'd gone crazy and started running back into the house telling everyone I had asked for this rain. Everyone made fun of me and said, "She's crazy, I told you!" The rain lasted only two minutes, and then it stopped. But I was the only one who believed that it was a sign...

© Copyright 2023 Kimberly (kimmiha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291859-The-Dream-and-The-Rain