*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292560-Lost-in-Thought
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2292560
Flash Fiction
Lost in Thought

Sheep drop out of the sky, one more time. An unusual sentence, but it gets all three required words of the day in, and in one sentence! Of course, there’s no story, which is the other requirement. Humm, why would sheep be dropping out of the sky at all, let alone one more time? Well it happened in the cartoon I was just watching with my grandchildren, honestly! The sheep were trying to get away from the big nasty bear (maybe a bear?) who was driving the van to the slaughter house, and the guy and his dog, were chasing him on a motor cycle. He got the sheep out of the truck but the sheep were standing on top of him, in a pile up to the sky. Honestly… Did I mention he and his dog were on a motorcycle? Very different than the cartoons I watched at their age. Actually… much more exciting.

It’s Saturday morning, eight o’clock, the kids have been up for a couple hours already. I am the earliest riser in the house, if you don’t count the cat and one of the dogs. (The other dog would sleep all day if allowed, that’s my dog, of course.) Life is very different when you move in with your kids. The father, in this case, is my kid. Not a kid any longer I might add. I sometimes wonder if the two actual adults in the family think of me as another kid. Sometimes I feel like one.

I thought I was grown-up, until last year when I suddenly became single, and sold my house, and began this new life. Now I wonder what I’m supposed to do for the next twenty-five years. I can tell you one thing, it won’t be watching cartoons all day.
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292560-Lost-in-Thought