*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292643-Attack-of-the-Titan
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2292643
Brandy is hunted by a monster of epic proportions when she tries to flee. Will she escape?
Hysterical squeals tore out of the living room. Brandy raced out, swatting at her head. “Why are you following me?”

It buzzed her ear and she screamed again. The dark body cut through the air in front of her. Her feet skidded to a stop and she ducked into the hallway.

“No, no, no! Leave me alone!” Her fingers tangled in her hair trying to keep it from her face. Any moment, she expected long, spindly legs to touch her skin. The drone swept by her other ear.

A desperate bleat escaped her. “No, please! Stop following me!”

The bathroom door smashed into the wall when she bolted inside. She slammed the door shut behind her and leaned against it. Her lungs pushed out a deep breath of relief.

Until her gaze rose to the mirror. Brandy shrieked.

Her hand groped for the door handle, thunking against it. It wouldn’t spin. Panic clenched her chest, it was too close. She palmed the handle again. This time, it turned.

When she opened the door, she tumbled into the hallway, bracing against the wall. Her brother, Nick, stood beside her, his jaw dropped open.

“Save me! It keeps following me!” she begged.

“Um, what?”

She pointed a shaking finger at the bathroom. “It’s giant!”

His eyebrow arched at her, but he obliged. He snickered. “Are you serious? This little thing?”

Staring at the Mosquito Eater resting between his fingers made the panic rise again. She squished against the wall, trying to climb up the plaster.

“Kill it!”

“No, you wuss.” He released it in the backyard. “There you go, baby. It can’t follow you anymore.”

She glared at the glass door. Just to make sure he told the truth, she’d be avoiding the backyard for a while.

© Copyright 2023 Siobhan Falen (shadowsnflames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292643-Attack-of-the-Titan