*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292655-Doggone-Conversation
Rated: E · Monologue · Animal · #2292655
A talk to my deceased black lab Duke.
My perfect black labrador
Oh Duke, I miss you so much. You were the perfect companion and so well behaved. You never barked and loved to make friends with everyone. You never tried to get on the furniture but you would eat an entire loaf of bread because you were anxious when we had to leave you alone at home. We were very comfortable together when I sat in my jumbo sized purple beanbag while you sat in my lap. You hated getting your paws wet in the morning when you went out. You never enjoyed your baths, but you loved being clean and never made a fuss about it. At night you would make your rounds to check on me. I will always remember how you stuck your nose in the crack of my bedroom door, then slipped through to lay down beside me so I could pet you until I fell asleep before you returned to your pallet beside the couch.
© Copyright 2023 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292655-Doggone-Conversation