*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293930-What-To-Do-With-Frozen-Salsa-Sauce
Rated: E · Fiction · Food/Cooking · #2293930
An abused housewife decides to use her secret gift and give her husband a surprise.
“What to do With Frozen Salsa Sauce?”

By W. P. Gerace

Frantically going as fast as she could down congested highway 15 by North Mountain in Phoenix Tammy kept gazing at her glimmering gold watch as the hour hand edged closer to 6:00 PM it seemed every half of a second. She could hear her heart hammering in her head the sweat trickling down her forehead at a steadfast pace as if she were walking out in the one hundred degree plus weather and not sitting in her white Sudan with the air blasting at full speed. To make things worse her perfectly done make-up streaked down her cheeks making her appear like one of those horror house actors you would see at Halloween. With less than fifteen minutes to go the company would be there promptly at 6:30 PM. If she were late she would only have maybe ten to twelve minutes to get everything together.

Blaring away in her ear the clamors of her phone went off playing one of her favorite Adele songs but right now none of that mattered as the phone number belonged to Hank her husband. Not wanting to pick up the phone and hear his boisterous pitch demanding where she was who was she messing around with how she could do this to his career. His abusive tactics were enough to want to use her secret on him, but she vowed after the last incident she would never use those powers ever again. The last incident cost an innocent child their life. Answering the phone, she began to feel tempted to use her secret on him.

“Where are you! This Salsa sauce is frozen solid! The tortillas are not even done. There are no snacks prepared. You are going to make me look like a fool in front of all these people! You will have to pay for this Tammy, and you know what I mean! “His steaming anger could be felt right through the receiver.

Hanging up she could not deal with him now as she almost hit a pedestrian an elderly woman with a frail body just trying to cross the street. She had wavy white, blonde hair and pale blue eyes. Her spirit was so kind and full of life. It was people like that woman that kept her hope for mankind alive. Then there were creeps like Hank, her selfish husband who only cared about money and power. Boiling she was so tempted to use her gifts.

Concentrating as she drove down the highway, she knew that Hank, who had no idea how to cook a hot dog, would even attempt to thaw out the salsa sauce. But she sure knew how to get those thoughts into his brain. Closing her eyes, still driving as she used her gifts to guide her along the swirling turns and twists of the highway hearing the slight whistle of the east winds in the distance she could feel Hank’s aura one of darkness reach out to her. Spirits like his were easy to pick up and connect as they always seek others to drain and suck the life out of. He was no different.

Once she latched onto his thoughts though he was nearly five plus miles away at their home on Cactus Road she had him. His thoughts were all over the place and how he would get revenge on Tammy for making him look bad in front of Bill Johnson and his wife Sally. Bill Johnson was Hank’s new Sales Manager and Hank has been kissing his rear since he started a month ago so he could get the best accounts.

Directing her energy to him she instructed Hank to put the frozen Salsa jar in the Microwave. It will take a few minutes to thaw and you can start making the tortillas so that the company has some food to eat. Do it Hank Tammy instructed. Be a man for once in your life and take some initiative. Repeating these thoughts to him until he moved his burly body over to the microwave and started to put the frozen glass jar of Salsa sauce in there.

Watching everything play out like a good TV show she could hear the crackle of the glass and squirming of something come from inside the jar. He could not see but she could see them moving about in the jar. The bright maroon sauce began to spin around in the jar and tiny white eyes could be seen through the glass. Impatient as always, he went over to the microwave and opened the jar of Salsa sauce. As if the jar itself waited for his burly hands to touch it and take out all its frustration on him it burst into a million fragments. Glass splintered his skin. Those wiggling red creatures within the sauce leaped out their incisive teeth gnawing away at his flesh tearing him apart to pieces. Wailing and begging for help, his once bronze skin had gaping holes oozing with blood. Collapsing to their hard wood tiled floor his once strong hands were nothing but grisly pieces of flesh. Gurgling on the floor he begged for mercy as the creatures now twice in size long green slimy slugs dined on the rest of his body. Slowly his gasping breaths came to a silence. His heart once vibrant no longer beating.

“I said I would stop using my powers, but I guess I lied. “Tammy smiled as she opened her eyes and drove off in the other direction.
© Copyright 2023 W.P. Gerace (phoenixdude71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293930-What-To-Do-With-Frozen-Salsa-Sauce