*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294788-Why-Am-I-Here
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Spiritual · #2294788
Pondering my purpose on earth.
DRAFT -- work in progress (incomplete)

Why Am I Here?

Sometimes I wonder why I was created. Why did God place me in this universe? Why am I here now? Frequently, it feels like there is no purpose -- day rolls into another day, and another day, and another day until we are old and grey and ultimately dead! For what?

Could there be a purpose for living through these endless days and nights that seems to have no real purpose but to be born and die?

Maybe, just maybe, there is a purpose for having been born in the first place and continuing to live in a hostile, unkind, disrespectful place filled with contention and hatred.

Could it be that there is a divine purpose for each of us? Could there actually be reason for our existence?

I have come to the conclusion over many years that I am not an accident and that I was meant for this time, space, and place in the universe, and it is up to me to figure that out.

So, over many years, I have concluded that there is a divine purpose for me (and each of us, for that matter) being here.
© Copyright 2023 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294788-Why-Am-I-Here